Topic: Blurry Thumbnails from Photoshop

I've been using Photoshop to make thumbnails like the manual instructions suggest.  But, when the thumb hit the website, they are blurry.  This is for a photography studio, so they have to be crisp.  The larger image comes up just fine, its just the thumb thats blurry. 

You'll have to piece the website together since Airtight wont let me put a web address in my post for 5 days:

sntstudio dot com/couples/index.htm

I am using Photoshop CS2's Web Photo Gallery Automation process.  Thanks!

Re: Blurry Thumbnails from Photoshop

make sure your thumbnails are at least 65x65 pixels or they will be scaled up resulting in blurring.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Every time you resize an image it will need to be re-sharpened. You should start with the original images and save down to the size you want. Don't reduce, reduce, reduce as this will repeatedly degrade the jpeg image. Set the view to actual pixels and apply sharpening using the unsharp mask and do it once is best. Not every image will sharpen the same as edge contrast effects the sharpening process and how it will look so you will need to experiment with what works best for your images. I generally apply slightly more aggressive sharpening for www display than I would for printing. Once I have set the image size for display I sharpen it then I make the thumbnail from there. I am not concerned so much about the quality of the thumbnail as it is so small it doesn't really matter so much. Once I have my 65x65 image I then sharpen again. The only time I reduce and sharpen in two steps on the same image is for these small thumbnails, otherwise I tray and avoid doubling up.

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com

Had a quick look at the web site and to me all the images look a little soft. Now if that's what you want that's fine but personally I would increase the sharpening on all the images, big and thumbs.

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com