Topic: Error Occured. Statuscode 500.

Hi there,
I am running the test for svmanager and keep failing the upload portion. I begin to load a picture, but then an error message appears stating: "Error occured. Statuscode 500."

I have:
A. Downloaded the latest version of Java.
B. Contacted my host and they have stated their PHP meets the necessary requirements for svmanager, see the details of their PHP at www(dot)clcdesign(dot)com/phpinfo(dot)php.
C. Also, my host has given me write permissions to the domain www(dot)new(dot)clcdesign(dot)com, where I am trying to run svmanager and that did not help with the error message.

Do you have any thoughts on what I can try next?

Thank you,
Rich

Re: Error Occured. Statuscode 500.

Hi Rich

Status code 500 means 'Internal Server Error'. I believe that to get any kind of file upload working on a Windows server (but not usually on Linux) it is necessary to set the upload_tmp_dir directive in the php.ini file. This should point to a directory on your server where you have write access. The uploader will then try to upload the files to this temp directory before moving them across to svManager. If the upload_tmp_dir directive is not set then it will try to upload to the server's temp directory which may not be accessible. There may be other reasons for a 500 error but it would be worth checking this one out first with your server people.

Comments welcome from anyone out there who is running svManager on a Windows server.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the quick response. I passed on your suggestion to my server people and they tried it and have this response:

"php.ini file has been overridden for clcdesign (dot) com. upload_tmp_dir directive in the php.ini is set to /tmp. /tmp has been granted with the full access permission. Then also we continue to receive the same error message. Do we need to do anything else?"

Sincerely,
Rich

Well so much for the easy option. I'm afraid it gets harder from here on in.

500 errors are a pain because they give you so little information to go on.  The next step is to look at the server logs for the time the error occurred and see if there is any more information in there.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.