Topic: move album from unpublished to published

I copied a folder I have for one published album and renamed it. I opened up the admin viewer in my firefox browser and deleted the old album. I then created a new one with one photo. But the album is sitting in 'unpublished'. I can seem to find anyway to publish the album.

Help please

thanks

Re: move album from unpublished to published

What admin software are you using?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I just log in on a web browser and use a web page to administrate the photo album. but I can edit files in dreamweaver if that would help.

is this really so unusual that nobody knows how to fix this?

all I want to do is copy an entire folder of simple viewer, renamed.

then I open up the admin page online once I've uploaded the folder to the web.

I delete the existing album and create a new one but it's created as unpublished. Then I can't figure out how to make it published.

when enter the page online that should be the photo album it's just a log in page.

Yes for me at least it is unusual. I use an ftp client (FireFTP) to copy files from my computer to my web server. I do not know what published or unpublished means.

Does your gallery work if you run it from your c: drive? Double click on your index.html locally. Do you have this file structure:

root
.....your_gallery_#1
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf

When you say you delete an existing album and create a new one, what do you mean? What software are you using to "create a new one". Genreally speaking simpleviewer is easier to create if you do it manually IMO.

You need to be very specific when talking about your process and software etc.

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com