Topic: Adjusting caption letter spacing?

Trying to change the caption letter spacing. Changes made to the caption object in the FLA only alter the font face, and do not have any effect over letter spacing (working with Flash 8).

I've been working for the past few hours trying to figure this out, and have noticed that all sorts of caption options aren't at all controlled by the object in the FLA file, but are instead options in both the and the gallery.xml file -- but none so far have an affect over letter spacing.

I've searched the forum here and gone several pages deep across several different search phrases, and haven't turned up anything helpful.

I'd really appreciate the help, thanks.

- jim

Re: Adjusting caption letter spacing?

There is a thread by "frost78" that was posted March 22nd, 2007 that addressed this, but I cannot get their solution to work. I'd post a link, but I'm too few posts and too few days young.

You'd figure this would be easier   smile

This issue is caused by a bug in the Flash Player. To add custom letter spacing to the captions, add this code at the bottom of the StageManager.onXMLLoaded() function (line 135 in

var fmt:TextFormat = new TextFormat();
fmt.letterSpacing = 10;
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hmmm. This has no effect on my captions.

FYI: I'm not an actionscript expert, so I may have just misread your post, but there's no function in my file named "StageManager.onXMLLoaded()" -- there is simply "onXMLLoaded()" -- I assume they're the same thing?

Also, as far as I can tell it doesn't end at line #135. Line #135 is:

//start loading thumbs    

I tried putting your code before and after the above code and it had no effect either way. I tried my updated viewer.swf in two browsers... so it is likely not a cache issue.

Can you do me the favor of emailing me an attached file that does work properly to: photo AT jimlafferty DOT com

That would be excellent!