example one page one
would be homes

example two page two
would be summer

now I want the client to be able to upload the files to each of the directories
is this possible

thanks

Re: uploading to directories

svManager can create and manage any number of SimpleViewer galleries. Each gallery is actually a directory containing an index file, SimpleViewer itself, your images and thumbnails and some support files. It will appear to your site visitors as a self-contained gallery.

The galleries/directories are created inside the main svmanager directory. You can move them if you really want to but usually there is no need since you can link to the index.php file in the gallery from anywhere on your site. You can also import any existing SimpleViewer galleries that you have (must be SV 1.8 or later).

If you haven't already done so then it's a good idea to run the Server Compatibility Test before you buy.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

the test came back positive :-) so I can use the script

but can I do this with it or what

directory
www . leroybrowndesign . com/test/galleryphoto.html

gallery
www . leroybrowndesign . com/test/galleryphoto.html

and clean it up

Just by the way – we updated the server compatibility test this week. If you used the version that allows you to do a test upload then you have the latest.

Getting back to your question – I'm not sure I understand properly. Is it an issue about clean urls or is it about site structure? Will you be creating the galleries yourself or will your client be creating his/her own galleries after you've set things up? There is a lot of flexibility in svManager but some of it requires you/your client to type-in server paths and not everyone is happy with that.

Have you looked at the svManager User Manual? There's stuff in there about renaming and moving galleries.

jack

Jack Hardie

just purchased and downloaded the only issue I have is that you can not specify a photo for the directory heading. it just comes up as a text link?

how do I do this so that the client can choose a photo on the directory page?

also the ability to have one more user would be great since you dont want your client to be able to change settings on it after its configured correctly

a client only needs to upload, change text, and maybe add a directory Maybe.

thanks

Assuming by 'directory page' you mean the index.php file in the main svmanager directory. There's no automatic way to replace the text links with images on this page. If you have only a small number of galleries and they don't change too often then you could just create a static html page and link to the thumbnails in the galleries.

I'll add it to the wish-list.

jack

Jack Hardie

can there be a check off button next to the images in the svmanager under the heading to control the images so that this is the photo and caption to display on the gallery index page

really need this and I know its within your grasp

can you do a small custom script for your svmanager

so that

you can view a directory photo with the caption or copy
and that will link to the gallery

how much would this cost
let me know please

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I'll contact you by email with some ideas.

For anyone else who may be reading this, I'm very happy to do fee-paying work like writing an interface script or helping you integrate svManager into your site. What I don't want to do is to create a customized version of svManager just for you. Maintaining several different versions of a piece of software and developing the main version at the same time is just a nightmare.

jack

Jack Hardie