Topic: move next previous buttons off images?

I've been searching the forums trying to find a way to move the next/prev buttons off the images, but I haven't found anything yet. I would like the buttons to appear beside the images instead of on top of them.

Is there any way to do this?

If not I'd also appreciate some more info about how to change the button images for something a little more subtle.

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: move next previous buttons off images?

Using AutoViewer-Pro you can change the arrow graphics. Check section 2.3 in the docs: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/proj … #customize

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Felix. I should have mentioned that I did read the docs including that section, but I couldn't figure out how to modify or change the symbols after locating them in the library. If I could reduce the opacity of the current symbols a bit, I would probably be happy with that.

Any advice or resources for a Flash newbie?

Cheers,

Andrew

To customize Library Symbols:

* Open sourceautoviewer.fla using Macromedia Flash.
    * Do Window->Library to show the Library.
    * Browse and modify the symbols in the Library.
    * Republish your SWF (See 2.5 Republishing AutoViewer)

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/proj … #customize

Check the flash docs for instructions on modifying symbols.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks again for trying to help Felix. As I mentioned I have already read the docs. However, "browse and modify the symbols in the Library" is a very broad statement and I was just looking for a some more specific details about about how to do this.

I'll do some more research into Flash to see if I can figure out how to change the buttons.

Cheers,

Andrew

sounds like you want to move the navigation buttons. i couldn't find how to do that either.

Thanks again for trying to help Felix. As I mentioned I have already read the docs. However, "browse and modify the symbols in the Library" is a very broad statement and I was just looking for a some more specific details about about how to do this.

I'll do some more research into Flash to see if I can figure out how to change the buttons.

Cheers,

Andrew

If you want to replace the arrows by something else (let's assume a pointing finger).

You load the FLA in FLash, open the symbols library, look for the graphic you want to change.

Remove the arrow graphic from the library (delete). Then add your new graphic and give it the same name as the arrows you just removed. Move your new graphic in the area where the arrows were on the clip (very important otherwise you wont see it). Save everything, then re-publish the FLA . Copy the new SWF to your folder and voila..

i think "replacing" and "moving" are two different ideas

If you want to replace the arrows by something else (let's assume a pointing finger).

You load the FLA in FLash, open the symbols library, look for the graphic you want to change.

Remove the arrow graphic from the library (delete). Then add your new graphic and give it the same name as the arrows you just removed. Move your new graphic in the area where the arrows were on the clip (very important otherwise you wont see it). Save everything, then re-publish the FLA . Copy the new SWF to your folder and voila..

Willkey... the last answer from Aross was ''browse and modify the symbols in the Library" is a very broad statement and I was just looking for a some more specific details about about how to do this.

SO i answered to that part.

About moving the arrows. It's easy in simpleviewer with fixed layout - not sure if it's the same in Autoviewer.

thanks for that,

yes, i did see his part in there, but was more focused on the subject line he had written.

i realized after many hours of searching, that i have AutoViewer and not SimpleViewer... UGH!

My issue was that the arrows were showing over my images, which had text on the right side. I finally came to the idea that I could simply reduce the "alpha" to a point where it was barely noticeable.

What a great collection of applications Felix offers. They're so flexible and good. i do love him.

here's a sample

www[dot]huntingtonhomesvt[dot]com/beta/index[dot]php?option=com_morfeoshow&task=view&gallery=9&Itemid=93