Topic: Adding Gallery Problem

I have recently added svManager to a friends website for them to easily add thier photo's so I don't have to do it manually for them any longer.

However after they log in and go to the gallery tab and click on "+ Add New Gallery" it kicks them out and takes them back to the log in screen.

I try it in Mozilla Fire Fox and have no issues; however when tried in Internet Explorer we have this issue. I know simple solution is to just use FF, but unfortantly that is not an option for him.

I've updated to the latest version of Java thinking that may be the issue but it has not resolved it.

Any idea's? I just installed svManager yesterday. Everything works as it should in FF; however not in IE.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Re: Adding Gallery Problem

Upon further investigation this actually happens whenever I click anything. If I even just click the gallery's tab, admin, or whatever it immediately kicks me out and takes me to the login page.

I've tried on several different PC's and have the issues on them all.

I'd like to get this resolved ASAP!

Strange – works on some browsers but not others implies a local problem but shows up on several pcs implies a server problem. Unless all the pcs have something in common that's not shared by all the other pcs out there running svManager?

It might be a cookie issue. Try a lower privacy setting in Internet Preferences  (my test machine is set to 'Medium'). Or try changing the 'Always allow session cookies' on the privacy settings advanced tab.

If you pm me your web address (and I guess you've not been able to change your password) then I'll take a look. If it blows up on my machine then it must be server-side.

Anyone else had this problem?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

PM sent.

I reloaded the entire directory and it seems it "may" be fixed. I've tried it on IE and I was able to finally get in.

Jack if you'd still try it for me and see what results you can get I'd really appreciate it.

I've also got a call out to the person I'm doing it for and I'm going to see if he's still having issues.

THANKS!  big_smile

Tried it after your post about fixing it and uploaded some Microsoft sample photos with no problems. The turtle comes from IE7 running on Vista and the blue hills are IE6 running on XP. Also looks ok in my Mac.

Looking good this end.

jack

Jack Hardie

Jack,

I think we got it figured out. We changed the "Always allow session cookies" pref. in IE and it's worked on 2 PC's now.

I'll let ya know if it works on their PC as soon as we hear back from them.

Thanks!

Sounds good. Still a bit puzzled why you've hit this on several PCs but nobody has reported it before. Has anyone out there come across it before?

jack

Jack Hardie