Topic: background colours etc

Sorry for being a thicky - i have been away from SV for a while but now with a new site need to revisit and use this wonderful viewer.
trouble is i have got my site template working fine and having put the viewer in like i believe i did with the older version of SV pro i cant now change the background colours. i see the code i need is this i believe:

<script type="text/javascript">

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#C0D3FF");

// SIMPLEVIEWER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS

// To use an option, uncomment it by removing the "//" at the start of the line

// For a description of config options, go to:

// http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

//fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml");

//fo.addVariable("firstImageIndex", "5");   

//fo.addVariable("langOpenImage", "Open Image in New Window");

//fo.addVariable("langAbout", "About");   

fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "#C0D3FF");

fo.write("flashcontent");   

</script>   

but i cant figure out where to put it in this page:
http://www.newsite.tomteegan.com/Press- … an%20Press

i am not great with the coding im afraid and have tried allsorts but got knowhere - any help greatfully received.
thanks
Richard

Re: background colours etc

Im still trying to figure it out for myself !
I have created the gallery with Picasa - this has given me the index.html file and the swf file. Its trying to get the swf into my own page that im having trouble with and being able to change the colours. Obviously its easy to just drop it in but i cant change the background colour then as i dont have the above code in it and working.
I have tried for ages to edit the example files and put my code into the right places and to some degree have had success but its like working in the dark im afraid! I would be so greatful if someoine wiser than myself would show me where to put the above code so that my colours are editable !
thanks for taking the time to read my wafflings!
Richard

Cracked it!
found this in the FAQ - there seem to be several ways of doing things round here but this one works!

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player.
<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>   
    <script type="text/javascript">        
var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer",
"640", "480", "8", "#181818");             
fo.write("flashcontent");         
</script>

where do you put that code? In what file?

I know absolutely nothing about code and I'm trying to change the default background color from gray to white.

Please help!!!

check the FAQ, Q18: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I don't think that helps.

The FAQ says to add the hex value in the flash object in the index.html file. The hex value is already there, and when I launch index.html in the browser, the background is white.

But I don't use that page index.html in my site.

What I do is I embed the flash file viewer.swf in my own html page. When i preview it in the browser, the background of viewer.swf is always gray and that is what I can't change. I thought it can be changed when you build the file, not in the "post-production process".

I don't think that helps.

The FAQ says to add the hex value in the flash object in the index.html file. The hex value is already there, and when I launch index.html in the browser, the background is white.

But I don't use that page index.html in my site.

What I do is I embed the flash file viewer.swf in my own html page. When i preview it in the browser, the background of viewer.swf is always gray and that is what I can't change. I thought it can be changed when you build the file, not in the "post-production process".

This is the first time I've responded to a query so here goes. I was having the same problem. I have created a 'gallery.html' page that has the viewer in a div with the id "flashcontent". Within that div is this line of code:

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#000000");

It was changing the hex value in this line from #181818 to #000000 that created a black background on my 'gallery' page. Altering the CSS values for flashcontent did nothing.

Hope this helps.

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#000000");

I know the 100% represents the sizing and #000000 is colour but what does in this example does the "8" mean ?

what does in this example does the "8" mean ?

Required Flash version. http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks very much for that