Topic: [Solved] compiler errors on republish: class name conflicts

After making a few changes to the options.as file and republishing in flash, I receive numerous compiler errors. I'm unable to successfully publish my files.

These are the errors that I receive:

Options.as, Line 14
The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.Options', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.Options'.
Source:
class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.Options {

XMLManager.as, Line 18
The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.XMLManager', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.XMLManager'.
Source:
class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.XMLManager {

RolloverButton.as, Line 16
The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.RolloverButton', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.RolloverButton'.
Source:
class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.RolloverButton {

Image.as, Line 26
The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.Image', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.Image'.
Source:
class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.Image {

StageManager.as, Line 21
The name of this class, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.StageManager', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.StageManager'.
Source:
class com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.autoViewer.StageManager {

help! smile

thanks alot

Re: [Solved] compiler errors on republish: class name conflicts

looks like Flash is loading 2 copies of the AutoViewer class files (the 'com' folder). Check Flash's AS2 classpaths: Files -> Publish Settings -> Flash -> AS2 Settings and Edit -> Preferences -> Actionscript -> AS2 Settings.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

When I checked the paths under Edit->Preferences, I found that "." and "$(LocalData)/Classes" were loaded. When I went to Publish Settings, I found nothing loaded.

I tried removing "." and "$(LocalData)/Classes" from the Preferences screen and a bunch of different errors appeared. I also tried altering the load order.

So far nothing is working, what else can I do? Perhaps there might be a bug in the programming? I noticed that on Simple viewer you had to make an announcement thread telling people to redownload for a problem which seems similar to this (if I remember correctly). Is this a similar issue?

No this is not a known issue with autoviewer. Try re-downloading to a new folder.

I tried removing "." and "$(LocalData)/Classes" from the Preferences screen

You should add these back in. They are the default class library code locations for Flash.

Felix Turner

Nope, still not working. I redownloaded it to a different location and nothing. I still receive the same errors.

Do a search on your hard drive for 'StageManager.as'. I'm guessing you have 2 copies of the class files. Delete one of them.

Felix Turner

didn't work. the only instances of that file on my computer are in the folder of the program itself.

i still get the same errors.

yeah this is odd. Did you modify the AS code? There must be something off in your flash setup. Try deleting ALL the autoviewer files, re-downloading and starting from scratch. Are you able to publish other flash movies?

Felix Turner

Still nothing. I've already downloaded the software a few times, and I'm probably going to make that download link expire.

I can publish other flash files with no problem. It's only autoviewer that is giving me problems.

I also haven't modified anything in the attached AS files. When I redownload and try to republish as it is straight out the box I get the same errors every time. I also tried on a different computer and I received the same errors.

I took a look at the actionscript files that come with autoviewer. I noticed that a few of them import other actionscript files. Is that where the conflict comes into play? One file imports another after it already being loaded?

(i'm no expert at all with coding) smile

Update:

After a fresh download, everything in the web folder works as it should. As soon as I make a simple change to the options.as file (changing autoplay from false to true, my only change) and attempt to republish, the viewer in the web folder does not respond. I of course still receive the same compiler errors...this is after using 3 different computers loaded with Flash CS3.

I'm really suspecting a bug in the coding somewhere. I'd try hunting it down on my own, but I have not the slightest clue as to how flash programming works.

any fixes? a few days have passed with no response.

Hi,

there is no problem with the AutoViewer source code. Lots of people are using it without errors.

You tried it on 3 different machines? and you got the same errors each time? What errors are you seeing? Are you on mac or pc? Is there anyone there who is proficient in Flash who can take a look?

Felix Turner

I'm working on PCs. Two are XPs, one a Vista. All are loaded with Flash CS3. All produce the same exact compiler errors every single time. I do not even touch the actionscript files in the source folder to test if it gets published.

After I unzip the download package, I first open the index.html file in the web folder. It works as it should. As soon as I republish the .fla source file, the web folder .swf no longer works.

The 5 compiler errors that I receive are posted at the beginning of this thread. I've written them down verbatim.

I really hope somebody ha

haha

Sorry for getting all worked up, the problem is solved.

Apparently a mismatch of computer time settings produces the error.

I have no more problems smile

thanks for the patience.

OK great. Yeah I've heard about that issue with computer dates - very odd.

Felix Turner