Topic: Internal Server Error

I get this when I click on View. (I was able to run the Svmanagertest succcessfully)

Internal Server Error.

Re: Internal Server Error

If you want to post a url you could disguise it a bit – like www dot myserver dot com or something similar.

On to the meat of your post:

I guess this is a new installation. Have you done the usual first-aid health-checks as in the user manual, i.e. checked that all the files have uploaded to the server during the  installation and checked the permissions?

You get an error message with 'View' - what about the other screens in svManager – any error messages?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

As for the meat of the post:

1. All the images are there under a new gallery called g1.

2. All file permissions are rw--rr--r

3. The file structure is svmanager/svmanager/g1/images etc.

Is svmanager under svmanager a problem? Not sure how that happened since I followed the instructions.

By the way, I had run the svmanager test before buying and it went fine.

Are you blocking on the length of the posts?

Afik there's no block on post length but I'm just a humble moderator not a forum admin.

The svmanager/svmanager structure is a bit unusual but shouldn't cause any problems.

Sometimes this kind of problem can be caused by .htaccess files. Do you have any .htaccess files in your svmanager folder or any of the folders above that?

Other (rarer) things that might throw an internal server error could be a php script that was mangled in the installation, some resource limit like server memory or disk space or some problem with the php.ini file.

Do you have access to the server log? You could look in the log at the time the error occurred and there should be an error message there.

What happens when you try to browse to svmanager/svmanager/g1/index.php

If you'd like to PM me the web address of your  svmanager installation and your user name and password then I'll take a look for myself.

jack

Jack Hardie

There is a .htaccess file in the folder above.  Since I am not sure what it does, I am hesitant to remove it.
I can navigate to the index.php file and it brings up the SVmanager screen.

This turned out to be a permissions issue but rather a strange one. The symptom is that everything inside svManager runs just fine and you can create new galleries but as soon as you try to link to or browse to your new gallery – bang – Internal Server Error. In case it happens to anyone else, here is the explanation.

This server ftp sets uploaded folders and files to 0755/0644 and all the php scripts run happily. The weird bit is that when svManager creates a new gallery, this particular server sets permissions to 0777. The server then decides that it doesn't like running a php script with 0777 permissions (even though it has set the permissions itself) and throws an Internal Server Error to stop the script running.

The workaround was to unlist the gallery (unlist always attempts to change permissions) and then re-import it. In this case it was necessary for 'unlist' to change the folder and file permissions to 0755/0644. See the user manual under 'Changing the permissions set by unlist' for how to do this.

jack

Jack Hardie