Topic: feature request

Hi, I'm a new user. There's a couple of things I'd like to see add to the program in the future (or some tips would be appreciated).

- an option to accompany the latest gallery link(s) in the index page with a 'NEW' gif or similar, so visitors are drawn to the latest links

- ability to reorder images in the admin tool (since it seems not possible or easy to change the image sequence order, except for direct XML editing of course). [edit: ok I see the third post here which is a help]

Thanks.

Michael.

Re: feature request

Image sorting is definitely on the futures list but probably not in the next release. I'm working on it.

The idea behind the index page is to keep it really simple but give you the hooks in the html so you can change the appearance quite radically if you want to.

You could add your 'new' gif as a background image to the table cells on the index page. SvManager puts a class of "r1" "r2" etc on the table rows and "c1", "c2" etc on the <td> elements within the rows, so you can target individual table cells with a little css. The table itself has an id of "svlinks".

Let's say you've created new.gif and it's 20px wide and you keep it in svmanager/mystuff, then you could add something like the following to the css at the top of the index page.

#svlinks tr.r1 td.c2, #svlinks tr.r3 td.c1 &#123;
          padding-left&#58; 20px;
          background&#58; url&#40;mystuff/new.gif&#41; left center no-repeat;
      &#125;

That would put your image on row 1, column 2 and row 3, column 1.

You may need to fiddle with amounts of padding, heights etc to get it looking pretty.

When the first gallery isn't new anymore then you just need to change one line of code.

#svlinks tr.r3 td.c1 &#123;
          padding-left&#58; 20px;
      &#125;

When nothing is new, then you comment it out

/*#svlinks tr.r3 td.c1 &#123;
          padding-left&#58; 20px;
      &#125;*/

If anyone out there has been doing interesting stuff with the index page then how about posting on the forum and telling us where we can take a look.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: feature request

Thanks jack - it's interesting. I'll give it a go. It would be great if the code could generate this automatically (and perhaps keep the 'new' tag there for a user-definable period, e.g. 24 hours) but I guess it's not feasible, since as you said the index page is meant to be simple.