Topic: No more than 2 galleries will open until browser restarted.

I use Picasa to quickly and easily export my photos into the pretty darn well setup SimpleViewer gallery. It all works well in most cases and I therefore have continued to add albums (galleries) to my personal website using this functionality.

Here is where my problem comes in. My main home page is coded in Flash CS3 using AS2. It directly links to each SimpleViewer gallery which is individually contained in its own folder (with all the necessary files) and all of those folders are within a photos folder. I link to these galleries using the very simple Flash getURL command, which simply opens a new page. Once I open two galleries, no more will open after that. I can open two or open one and close it and open another and close it and from then on no other galleries will open… just a white IE screen that says “Connecting…” in the tab. Anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks!

Re: No more than 2 galleries will open until browser restarted.

whats the URL? (replace dots with spaces when posting URLs)

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I sent you my website as a private message. The Forum would not let me post it no matter how cryptic I made it.

Another note to make on my issue with SimpleViewer is that I found that if I open a browser window and directly navigate to each SimpleViewer gallery, by typing or pasting in the hyperlink in the address bar, I can view every gallery with no problems. It only locks up after viewing two galleries if they are opened in windows from a link on another page.

Thanks!

It works fine here. Maybe your browser limits the number of popups that can be launched from a page. Try opening your galleries in the same window (use the 'target' param).

Felix Turner

Figures it would. Isn’t that how it always happens? Kind of like when your car runs like crap all week and when the mechanic is there it runs fine. It doesn’t work on either of my two currently setup home machines, machines at my office, my Father-in-laws machine or anywhere else I have had the opportunity to test.

I took the time to create a JavaScript pop-up window that is now called from my Flash home page. All of the albums open into the same window name, but still no dice. If I wait for at least one image to fully load in each gallery, once I have viewed two galleries then no more will open after that.

It looks like I am going to have to just load the SimpleViewer SWF files into my flash, if that will work out. Probably makes more sense to do that anyways.

Thanks for checking things out. I really appreciate your time.

Guys.. I have EXACTLY the same problem.. I have been searching the web like crazy for 2 weeks now.
I have a family website, built with several pages of simpleviewer and now I am building a Flash "portal" that calls these pages with getURL and after a few calls IE only shows a blank page, or freezes with the backgroud image.
And to make things even worse, the "portal" where I call the getURL gets messed up also, ceasing to function...
I have tried numerous approaches, including the use of ExternalInterface, but nothing helps.. I use Flash CS3, and AS2.0

Did you guys arrive at a conclusion?? This is driving me nuts! :shock:

Thanks!

Honestly I never reached a solution. The problem still exists for me as well and I never had time to try other options.

SimpleViewer-Pro comes with an example showing how to load multiple galleries into a container swf.

Felix Turner

thank you Felix & msquaredonline for your response.

Felix - allow me to clarify...the problem isn't about loading multiple galleries into a container swf.

The problem is opening several simpleviewer sessions in IE7.
Take for instance one of my websites -
www ttalbot com / family / bomtempo
As you open this html page you will see several "polaroid" photos. Clicking each photo will pop open a session of photos using simpleviewer.
Try this: click one photo, close the popup after it starts loading, click another photo, close it after it starts loading, and so forth. Eventually, the third or the fourth popup will no longer function. The popup frame opens, but the inside of the popup window is blank.

The problem is even worse with postcardviewer.. closing it before it fully loads prevents it from opening any longer. Try replicating the behavior here: www ttalbot com / family / aulasdesalto
Open it, wait for a few photos to load then close it. Try opening it again, it doesn't work.

My system is Windows, running IE7.

The workaround to accessing the site again is to flush caches, close IE, and eventually reboot...

I have only started noticing this behavior recently, and have been going nuts trying to find a solution.  :shock:  I will be more than happy to provide any information that may lead to the correction of this problem..

Thanks!!  wink

Just to let you know...

There is no problems with using Firefox and i can fully replicate the problem using IE7.

thanks jtp755

There must be a conflict between the script and IE7, which is bound to affect a huge amount of people, since IE is the most commonly used browser..

I hope Felix can find what is wrong.. wink

Best regards

Felix ?..  :?:
Do you think you can find out what is going wrong here ?
Thanks!  wink

hello ?  roll

I'm guessing this is related to the javascript code you are using to create the popup windows not playing well with IE7 security restrictions. Try using a regular link to open your gallery windows.

Felix Turner