Topic: new to simpleviewer, problems live not local

Hi, i see from the post you seem to have this down.  I'm having problems uploading to my site.  I use the scripts that i have downloaded with photoshop and it creates my folder with my index.html, gallery.xml, images thumbs, swfobject.js and viewer.swf. 
Then what do I do?
I upload it all to my site, the whole folder?  Is the index.html suppose to be my index page on my site? 
i tried uploading the whole folder to my site(there is nothing else on there already) and using the index.html as my index page and it doesn't work.  It says I need to download flash 9, but I have already and I've checked with the adobe flash page.  I tried using fetch and godaddy to upload and both give the same results. 
any suggestions?
thanks

Re: new to simpleviewer, problems live not local

I know there have been issues with fetch, I am not sure about godady. I use IE on my PC and FireFTP on my mac.

Yes you have to copy everything in the folder including the sub folders images and thumbs, to your server. First test that the gallery works on your computer by double clicking the index.html on your c: drive. This will run the gallery locally and ensure you have everything working before moving to the www

You can put it into a sub folder on your web server though if you want to.
For example on my web server I have the root folder for my domain phillipnorman.com
Under that I have several folders to organise my stuff, one is called 'weddings' and one is called 'cathandcaleb'. In each of these folders I have all the simpleviewer files for each gallery including their own individual index.html, images and thumbs etc. So each gallery can be accessed by www.phillipnorman.com/weddings/ and www.phillipnorman.com/cathandcaleb/

How you link to these two folders (and therefore the galleries in them) is entirely up to you and can be done in many different ways. regardless of how you address these folders the structure and files in each remanes the same.
The simplest way would be to have your main page index.html in your root folder (phillipnorman.com in my case) and have a simple menu that opens each gallery in the same or a new window using a standard href link like:

<a href="/cathandcaleb/" title="Cath & Caleb">Cath & Caleb</a>

Hope that helps...

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com

Re: new to simpleviewer, problems live not local

Also hotlink protection on your server has to be 'off'. I don't know how to do that because mine has never been on?!

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com