Topic: footer with links not working

hi there,
i'm really desperate by now (maybe i'm simply too stupid for all the html business, i don't know). well, i was creating a multiple gallery and using a header and a footer for each gallery. i've included some links in the footer, however only the absolute (external) link does work, the relative (to sites within the same path) links won't work at all, not even a new window opens up. i just cannot see why, i've checked the path for its correctness and it never seems to be wrong... so why is it not working???? (and why IS the external link working then?)...

the code of my footer looks like this:

<div id="footer">© my name | <a href="../impressum.html" target="_blank"> impressum</a>
  | <a href="addressofmyguestbook" target="_blank"> gaestebuch</a> | <a href="../links.html" target="_blank">
  links</a></div>   

the directory path looks like this:

mainfolder
.....impressum.html
.....links.html
.....gallery_#1
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf
.....gallery_#2
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf

or is it maybe that i'd have to change something with fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "/your_path/gallery.xml"); , too? and if, what exactly?

if there's anybody out there who could please help asap?
thanx, I'd appreciate that very much!!! (becoming mad 'n insane soon...)
eszet

Re: footer with links not working

Your links should just say href="www.yourdomain.comgallery_#1" and href="www.yourdomain.comgallery_#2" assuming mainfolder is the root folder of your domain.

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com

hi phill,
thanks for your answer. but no, please don't get me wrong, i haven't got trouble with the links to each gallery (which i included in the header). i've got trouble with the links which i included in the footer of each index pageof each gallery. yes, mainfolder meant root folder of my domain and i would like a pop-up window to open for the impressum and another site. these are in the root folder, not in each gallery folder, you see. the link to the guestbook (which is on an completely different website) does work though, it's just not working with the links which are actually on sites in the same root folder of the same domain on the same server or whatever you call all that... :-(
???
any other idea maybe?

If the file that contains the footer is in the same folder as impressum.html then the link should be "/impressum.html" not "../impressum.html"??

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com

DELETED