Topic: footer with links not working

:?:
/didn't know whether to post it here or in customize - sorry for double-posting/

hi there,
i'm really desperate by now (maybe i'm simply too stupid for all the html business, i don't know). well, i was creating a multiple gallery and using a header and a footer for each gallery. i've included some links in the footer, however only the absolute (external) link does work, the relative (to sites within the same path) links won't work at all, not even a new window opens up. i just cannot see why, i've checked the path for its correctness and it never seems to be wrong... so why is it not working???? (and why IS the external link working then?)...

the code of my footer looks like this:

<div id="footer">© my name | <a href="../impressum.html" target="_blank"> impressum</a>
| <a href="addressofmyguestbook" target="_blank"> gaestebuch</a> | <a href="../links.html" target="_blank">
links</a></div>

the directory path looks like this:

mainfolder
.....impressum.html
.....links.html
.....gallery_#1
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf
.....gallery_#2
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf

or is it maybe that i'd have to change something with fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "/your_path/gallery.xml"); , too? and if, what exactly?

if there's anybody out there who could please help asap?
thanx, I'd appreciate that very much!!! (becoming mad 'n insane soon...)   :x  :cry:  :evil:
eszet