Topic: Autoviewer Pro Installation Help

I've just upgraded to AutoviewPro but having problems getting Lightroom 1.3 to recognise this module.

Read lots of other posts here about this problem and read all the instructions several times but Lightroom doesn't seem to recognise the Pro version.

Not sure of the relevance of the TTGAutoViewerGallery but have downloaded this as well as one post said to use this and that would help.

I don't really want to update galleries manually especially as the instructions are telling you to edit the gallery.xml file with absolute paths to all images. This is a huge job with 100's of images.

Surely, there is a way of having Lightroom recognise the AutoviewPro gallery and to easily republish the galleries.

Can anybody help?[/b]

Re: Autoviewer Pro Installation Help

Hi,

to use AutoViewer-Pro v1.4 with Lightroom do the following:

1) Install the latest TTG AutoViewer Gallery template: http://theturninggate.net/blog/ttg-autoviewer-gallery

2) Copy the AutoViewer SWF that comes in the Pro download (at webautoviewer.swf) to the AutoViewer template folder inside the Lightroom application folder on your computer.

On Windows: The Lightroom application folder is at: Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.3sharedwebengines

On Macintosh: The Lightroom application folder is at: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/PlugIns/ Web.agmodule/ Contents/ Resources/ galleries/. To browse inside the Adobe Lightroom.app use right-click (or ctrl-click) and select "Show Package Contents".

3) Restart Lightroom. Any galleries you create from now on will use the Pro swf.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok, I;ve downloaded the new TTG Auto Viewer and put this inside the resources/galleries/.

I've put the new autoviewer.swf file from the PRO version inside the autoviewer.lrwebengine and restarted Lightroom but when I select AutoViewer in the Web Module in lightroom it doesn't respond.

I still don't understand the relationship between TTGAutoViewer and Autoviewer.

What I'm struggling with is where to put the autoviewer.swf file.

Should it go in:

/Applications/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/PlugIns/ Web.agmodule/ Contents/ Resources/ galleries/

and then open the: 'autoviewer.lrwebengine' package

and then put the autoviewer.swf file in there?

This doesn't work in Lightroom and I still get the non-pro version of Autoviewer.

The old viewer.swf file is still in there. Do I delete that and what about the rest of the files in the /web/ folder in the autoviewer_pro folder i.e. gallery.xml, index.html and swfobject.js

Could you clarify what I do to make this work?

Apologies - the install path was incorrect for the mac. I've updated the docs with the correct path. Please check section 4.2 here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/proj … ml#upgrade

Felix Turner

Thank you very much for you help. This works well now I've installed in this location.

You can see it in glory at: andrewareoff. com

Thanks again.

looks good!

Felix Turner

Hi guys,

I have been working on this for a while :
In autoviewer 1.4

- Xml generated by a php file like : xml.php

WORKS

- Xml generated by a php file with variables like : xml.php?cat=1

does NOT WORK

And I confirm that both works in Simpleviewer ...
It would be nice to arrange this in the next update and to help us to find a issue about this.

Maybe comparing Autoviewer and simpleviewer code ?

THANKS for help !

Xml generated by a php file with variables like : xml.php?cat=1

does NOT WORK

do you have an example?

Felix Turner

Hi Felix,
sorry for the late answer ...

I made a special test page for you !

HERE: "www" dot "beglob"  dot  "com" slash "test.php"
(I can't post web addresses yet)

you will see both ways using the same link,

- one working when link is in the option.as file
- one  NOT working when link is in html with addVariable

Thanks a lot.
I didn't really test it in simpleviewer but I have read that it works in this forum.

This is an encoding issue. The ampersand in your XML URL is breaking the link. Try using & instead of &, or try not using ampersands.

Felix Turner

Hi Felix,

I tried what you suggest with replacing with &
but it did nothing.

I have added your issue in my exemple at :
"www" dot "beglob" dot "com" slash "test.php"

What do you mean by "try not using ampersands"

An other idea ?

Thanks.