Topic: Simpleviewer and Search Engine Optimization

In your opinion and experience using Simpleviewer, would you say and consider that the product is "Search Engine Friendly"?

The reason I am asking is if you want to create a gallery of products for sale, then will the gallery be indexed and searched correctly by the major engines i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc

Or should another option be taken in consideration, or could Simpleviewer be tweaked to be search friendly?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Re: Simpleviewer and Search Engine Optimization

Hi,

Google will index a page that contains a SimpleViewer gallery the same as any other web page. For example do a Google search for simpleviewer embedded example and the 1st hit is a page containing a SimpleViewer gallery. You can use all the usual methods to increase Google PageRank on a page containing a SimpleViewer gallery. Note also that Google is working on improving it's Flash indexing.

One thing to note is that Google may not index the gallery caption text since it is contained in an external XML file. To have the gallery caption text be indexed by Google, copy and paste the caption text into the gallery's HTML document inside the 'flashContent' div. The 'flashContent' div text is indexed by Google but is replaced with the gallery when viewed in a browser.

So in the gallery folder's index.html file, replace this:

<div id="flashContent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. 
<a href="http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/">Get Flash</a></div>

with this:

<div id="flashContent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. 
<a href="http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/">Get Flash</a>.
<p>Here is my gallery caption text for image 1</p>
<p>Here is my gallery caption text for image 2</p>
<p>Here is my gallery caption text for image 3</p>
<p>etc...</p>
</div>
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

damn confusing to me....

Which part is confusing?

Felix Turner

When you put the image descriptions in <p> tags within the flashcontent <div>, where does the Seach Engine land? On the gallery, or an individual image? You are just suggesting a basic set of paragraphs. Does a search engine do anything with the image number you included? eg. ...image 1</p>

Thanks

@palmaroca

When you put the image descriptions in <p> tags within the flashcontent <div>, where does the Seach Engine land? On the gallery, or an individual image?

The search would point to the page the gallery is embedded into, not individual images.

Does a search engine do anything with the image number you included?

No

Mike Richards