Topic: Multiple Galleries, Embedded in separate webpages on website

Hours and hours of trying to figure this out without success.

I have looked at the FAQ, I have copied the codes, I have searched this forum.

I have kept each gallery in its on folder in the root of my website. I get the 1st gallery working, then post the 2nd, and it shows the same 1st gallery.

I have tried to rename the files (index, gallery, viewer, swfobject)..."Gallery not found".

I am using the free simpleviewer, however, if I purchase simpleviewer pro, will all this be easier? Will I have support, other than this forum?

I do have some basic knowledge of html...I have built my website, so I feel like I should be able to figure this out. Maybe I am missing something obvious?

Please help.

Re: Multiple Galleries, Embedded in separate webpages on website

The simplest way you must have the following:
your_domain
.....gallery_#1
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf
.....gallery_#2
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf
.....gallery_#3
.........images
.........thumbs
.........gallery.xml
.........index.html
.........swfobject.js
.........viewer.swf

Note all files are lower case including extension, all images and thumbs have exactly the same file names, all gallery folders have all the files including index.html

Then you just link to:
www.your_domain/gallery_#1/
www.your_domain/gallery_#2/
www.your_domain/gallery_#3/

Regards
Phil
http://www.phillipnorman.com

So you mean image 1 of gallery 1 should have the same file name as image 1 of gallery 2? Even if they are different images? They will just be in different folders, correct?

What about the gallery.xml, viewer.swf, index.html and swfobject.js files? Just leave their file names alone, but keep them in a folder?

So you're saying I would have to create hyperlinks to each gallery? Is it possible to embed them on each page so it doesn't open in a separate window?

Thanks for the quick response pnorman!

image and corresponding thumb must have identical name. different galleries can have different names. Each gallery should have it's own gallery.xml, index.html, swfobject.js, and viewer.swf. Store all the files for each gallery in separate folders. You can have each gallery show in the same window/container but that is more complicated. First make sure your galleries are working in their own separate windows before trying to embed them into one. There are several other posts regarding embedding in the same window and I personnaly do not know how to do it.

Regards
Phil

Okay...So, as long as I have everything in its own gallery folder in the root of my website, I should be able to create hyperlinks to the index.html files?

I won't have to go change and coding or paths, correct?

I am using picasa to create the galleries if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much!

And my question about SV Pro...Do I need that? I don't mind purchasing.

Okay...So, as long as I have everything in its own gallery folder in the root of my website, I should be able to create hyperlinks to the index.html files?

I won't have to go change and coding or paths, correct?

I am using picasa to create the galleries if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much!

And my question about SV Pro...Do I need that? I don't mind purchasing.

Yes

No you won't

I know nothing about Picasa. Search the forums for "Picasa"

You're welcome

No you don't need SV Pro necessarilly, but I am sure Felix would appreciate it wink

Regards
Phil

Okay, thanks pnorman...I am going to try to hyperlinks tonight. If I can get that to work, I'll try to embed from there.

On Pro...What is your opinion--If I purchase it, do you think I would get more support from Felix to get this working the way I want?

I cannot comment about how much support you will get. How much would you expect from something that costs $45?
The idea of the forums is that you will usually get some help from other users.

Regards
Phil

DELETED