Topic: Gallery Indexing

I know this has been answered previously as a "no-can-do", however, I'm not quite convinced it's impossible?

I was looking at how the index.php is working under the svmanager folder.
Is it possible to use this code elsewhere outside of this folder?

// set number of columns for table or zero for unordered list
  $columns = 2;
  // generate table of links  
  require '../svmanager/includes/constants.php';
  require '../svmanager/classes/indexpage.php';
  error_reporting&#40;&#40;DEBUG&#41; ? E_ALL &#58; E_ERROR&#41;;
  $indexPage = &new IndexPage&#40;&#41;;
  print $indexPage->getHtml&#40;$columns&#41;;

I have this index.php in the root and , as you can see, I changed the require to the location, but, this does not work. My index comes up fine, however I get the "No Galleries" showing.  Either way, my lack of PHP understanding is showing.

I just need to know if there is absolutely no way to list the galleries automatically.

Re: Gallery Indexing

Hey – nothing's impossible if you are prepared to get your hands dirty with php – and if you don't mind maybe having to do it again whenever svManager is upgraded.

Unfortunately in this case, it's not nearly so easy as it seems. Since indexpage.php is effectively included within your new index.php, all the relative paths inside indexpage.php will be wrong. You'd need to modify the path to gallerydata.txt and also the paths to the galleries themselves.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Gallery Indexing

Thanks Jack.
I am going to work on this and see if I can resolve (and learn) how to relate the paths. It would be nice to have the galleries be able to auto list and be stylized by css.

Since a client may not be adept with physically creating this index themselves, hence why the option would be nice.

Again, thanks for the reply and a great application.