Topic: Back button in viewer to bring back to original web page?

Unlike many pro users I am not very familiar with Flash, so this might be a trivial question for some of you....I do know how to make minor mods and save as a swf.

When a user clicks on a link on the website "see photo gallery" or some such, it calls simpleviewer in a full browser window (the way we have it set up generally).

I'd like to have a "back" button to bring the user back out of simpleviewer to the page they clicked the "see photo gallery" link on.

The back button could be a "button" or just the word "back" in the top left.

Is this something we can program fairly easily?  Would it require modifying the flash swf?

I did search the forum and did not see this question answered in the past.

Thanks!

Re: Back button in viewer to bring back to original web page?

Mike, thank you. 

I did change it a little so that I would not have to edit the index.html file every time I put it on a different page (path).  I changed the html you indicated at the end to:

<div style="z-index&#58;2;position&#58;absolute; top&#58;10px;left&#58;10px;"><a href="JavaScript&#58;history.back&#40;1&#41;">Back</a></div>

The word "Back" comes out dark blue on a black background.  I would like it in white on the black background.  I tried a few normal html tricks but no luck.  Thoughts?

This is working really well, thank you for your assistance!

This is what we finally ended up with:

<div style="z-index&#58;2; position&#58;absolute; top&#58;10px; left&#58;10px; width&#58; 150px;"><< <a href="JavaScript&#58;history.back&#40;1&#41;" style="color&#58;#fff; font-size&#58;14;">Go Back</a></div>

..makes the back "button" just a tad cooler.

I can't get this to work!!!!
urgent Please HELP!!!!!!!
Back button won't show up on screen!!!

don't have it posted yet, can't get the back btn to show up
I scripted the way u said but nothing shows up as a back btn.

I got it now, thanks for your time!

I'm pretty new to simpleviewer, but if you have the pro version wouldn't it be easier to just change the linkURL in the Options.as to the address you want and change the DownloadLink text in the movie clip in the flash library to display "return to index"? You then would move it to wherever you want on the page on the StageManager.As?

If you have the pro version, wouldn't it be easier to just change the LinkURL in the Options.AS and then change the text for the Download Link move clip in the flash? Then you just change the position in the StageManager.as?

If you have the pro version, wouldn't it be easier to just change the LinkURL in the Options.AS and then change the text for the Download Link move clip in the flash? Then you just change the position of the downloadLink movie clip in the StageManager.as?

the double and triple post is that it keeps poping up a debug mode warning after the submit.

not my fault!!!