Topic: Permissions as new galleries are created?

I'm having problems with permissions of galleries created on my host, using SVManager.  The permissions of the installed SVManager files and folders are correct (755 or lower), but whenever I create a new gallery with SVManager, the new gallery is created with permissions of 777.  My host doesn't allow this, so I get an "Internal server error (500)" error.

Is there somewhere within SVManager where I can change a setting so that automatically generated galleries don't create with 777?

I don't want to have to adjust each new gallery using FTP.

Thanks for any info!

Re: Permissions as new galleries are created?

I've come across this problem just once before. It appears to be caused by a particular setting in your server ('user mask') that's inconsistent with the server's own security requirements. I'll see if I can dream-up a general fix that will work for you and won't screw-up everyone else. It would help a lot if you could give me a list of the permissions that your server is setting on each one of the files and folders inside the new gallery folder. I'm guessing that they won't all be the same. Obviously, it's no use svManager changing the permissions on the gallery folder if something inside it is still wrong.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the info, jack.  After running into this, I decided to host my galleries and SVManager on a different server and domain - a VPS that we operate ourselves.  Installed and tested it there and it seems to be running fine.  The other server host is a big national operator -shared host - that isn't likely to make any changes, even if they are configured in a weird way.

Appreciate the response.

SvManager version 1.2.0 introduced an option which will attempt to change the permissions on new galleries. See the section on Changing the permissions on new galleries in the advanced section of the user manual.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.