Topic: Adding Links to Captions

The demo shows links in the captions, however the documentation doesn't mention that this is an option.

Can this be done? Ideally through svManager?
I want to add an email link by linking to a cgi script that sends an email showing the image that was being viewed.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/comments.

Roger

Re: Adding Links to Captions

SvManager will add links from the captions to the image itself – just tick the box on the Customize screen. But that's not quite what you want is it?

To create a link that goes somewhere else, you'd need to edit the gallery.xml file inside your gallery folder. You'd need to put the links inside CDATA tags – see the gallery.xml file inside the samplegallery folder for an example. The easiest way would be to create a gallery with links in svManager and then edit the xml file.

I can't think of a way to do this within svManager.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok - Thanks.
Shame it can't be done through svManager as the intention is for the owner of the web site to maintain his own images - not me!

I'll take a look at the sample gallery file as suggested.

Is it possible to put external links on the actual images - again through svManager?

Perhaps a future development?

Roger

SvManager version 1.2.0 allows html <a> tags within captions. The Auto links feature must first be turned-off on the customize screen. Links can then be added to the captions on the images screen. The links must follow the usual html syntax.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.