Topic: Unable to change permissions (777)

I downloaded SimpleViewer b/c I loved the way it looked on a friend's site. I am fairly new to html programming, but I have spent two hours on this and really given it a good faith effort. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am unable to alter the permissions (read/write/execute) using either my FTP software (Fetch, on a Mac) or from within my server administration panel (DailyRazor). When I try using Fetch, I’m only given the option to change permissions when/if I select more than one file/folder at once. When I select only one file or folder, the “change permissions” window simply does not appear. When I select more than one, I am able to type in 777 under Unix equivalent (which then checks all of the permission boxes for me), but when I click "apply," I get the following error message from my FTP software:

“Fetch could not set permissions for “gallery.xml” because the FTP server sent an unexpected response. Check the Fetch Transcript window for more information. Server responded: “SITE CHMOD 777 gallery.xml”: command not understood”

From within my server administration panel, I'm able to set all permissions for the necessary files to read/write/execute, but every time I click "apply" and then go back into the folder, it has automatically reverted back to the settings that were there a minute earlier. In other words, no "write" permission.

I'd really love to be able to use this software, and I'm about to give up. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,
John

Re: Unable to change permissions (777)

DELETED

try 0777, and make sure u are the owner of the "server"

otherwise u may not have permission to change permissions.

u might wanna try a different FTP also

DELETED

it did with the FTP program i use. just thought id throw it out there