Topic: Cannot change permissions on folders created in sv manager

I read the portion of the manual that says I can add the flash code generated by the simple viewer to my own page. I do this and then try to upload this file to my server and I get an error. So I tried changing the permissions on the folder and I cannot. Without being able to change the permissions on the folder I cannot upload this file that I have been desperately trying to upload. .The only solution I can find is to pull that folder down and reupload somewhere else..then i can load the new 'pretty page' but then it defeats the purpose of having the sv manager. .I can modify any other permissions on folders -just not those ones generated by by the sv manager. .am at a loss?

Re: Cannot change permissions on folders created in sv manager

To change the permissions on the folders created by svManager, use the 'unlist' option on the galleries screen and then re-import the gallery. Please see the advanced section of the user manual under the heading 'Changing the permissions set by Unlist' for more details.

The other approach, if you only need to customize the index.php file inside the gallery is to edit the master index.php file inside the svmanager/svmaster folder – keep backup copies of the original and your modified version. This file is copied from the svmaster folder to your new gallery folder every time a gallery is created.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.