Topic: Add A HyperLink to the Main Image

I've seen this question on the forum, but it wasn't answered...

I want to add a hyperlink to the main image so that when clicked the user is sent to another web page on my site, with the file name attached as a querystring.

As an alternative, the link can be separate and below SimpleViewer (like the link in the standard version of SV). Again found a thread in the forums, but the linkURL referred to doesn't exist in my options.as file.

As ever, any assitance much appreciated!

Roger

Re: Add A HyperLink to the Main Image

If you are working in Flash, make a button and use this actionscript in the timeline:

on (press) {
    getURL ("FULL_URL_OF_YOUR_PAGE");
}

Hope this helps.

Many thanks for a prompt response!

I'll give it a go, although I'm no Flash expert...!!

Greetings all!
    I would love to be able to add links to the main images in simpleviewer.  However, like rogerc024, I am no flash expert.  Could someone spell out step by step how to create this Flash button and where it needs to be incorporated in simpleviewer?   
   Specifically, here is what I need to do: A sample gallery from my website is given below.  I want to link the picture of the chameleon to a corresponding page in my webstore (currently this link is contained in the caption).  Then, if you scroll to the next image of the cheetah cubs, I need another link which leads to another page in the webstore.  Then the third picture of the zebra should be a link which leads to yet another page in the webstore. 
   Hope this is clear and that some one can help out with some clues.

Many many thanks!

Josh

www joshuacripps com/galleries/thewildkingdom/thewildkingdom html

I'd actually love to get some assistance with this as well..

Adding a button isn't too difficult, but the way simpleviewer is setup in the FLA, it's not flash-noob-intuitive.

Are there any updates on this?

I am perfectly able to make the button, but I don't quite get how to add that button to the stage, when simple viewer loads.

I created a button called "mainlink" but that doesn't seem to be working.

I'd really appreciate someone giving some information for those of us who aren't very familiar with this.

-David