Topic: Session Error

My hosting company will not assist me with resolving the session error I receive when attempting to log into the svManager.   sad

In their help database, it says that to run PHP sessions, I need to include code at the top of any PHP script that uses sessions.  I do have the code.

Do you know how I locate which svManager php files use sessions?  I somehow need to point my PHP script to a specified location.

Re: Session Error

Mmm – not exactly helpful of them is it? Almost any non-trivial script is likely to need sessions.

Anyway, let's try and work around it. SvManager (version 1.1.0 onwards) has a Setup class that does the stuff that is common to all screens so you could try putting your special code at the end of the constructor function for the Setup class.

Locate the file svmanager/classes/setup.php
Add your custom code at the end of the Setup() function before the closing brace character '}'. If your code has any relative paths inside it then php will interpret the paths as relative to the svmanager folder.

Obviously, I can't guarantee that this is going to work, without knowing a lot more about your server and the code you are putting in there.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Session Error

Dear Jack,
Thanks for your suggestion.  After not much success, I decided to plead again to the hosting company and did find someone to assist me.  Oh my wish I would've found this lovely person first.  Thanks for taking the time to help.  I'm up and running.