Topic: Changing the appearance of the button graphics...

Hello,

I bought AutoViewer Pro a while back and customized it a little bit. I was wondering for some pointers to customizing the buttons.

1. I tried creating new circular buttons in Illustrator, importing them into the library and doing a Swap Symbol... with the default graphics. Now it won't publish a SWF. In the error window there are several lines of errors...

2. I tried going into the Load Items section, clicked on each button, and re-Scaled each button by 50%. Though it published fine without errors, the buttons were not rescaled in the SWF, and the SWF is now limited to a visible area of 800x400px.

3. Felix, can you offer some specific directions on how to modify the button graphics in Flash? Or even a few new buttons we can replace the default ones with?

Thanks for reading this!

Re: Changing the appearance of the button graphics...

Hi,

the easiest way to modify the buttons is to directly modify the graphic symbols in the FLA. Note that the buttons have named sub-movieclips. These names must remain the same or you will see errors.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Changing the appearance of the button graphics...

Hi,

I have just bought autoviewer for my own website. I'm creating a brand and need to change the buttons to match the rest of the site.

If you could please give me a little bit to go on, I will be able to make the changes I need.

I have this piece of information

"the easiest way to modify the buttons is to directly modify the graphic symbols in the FLA. Note that the buttons have named sub-movieclips. These names must remain the same or you will see errors."

Im assuming the names are:

ButtonBack = mcHit
ButtonNext = mcBtn

I can see the pause button but not the play button.

I'm quite prepared to have a crash course in Flash. Is there a website or book that would be a good starting off point for me to modify the buttons.

Chris