Topic: Permission problem

Every time I try to upload an image the program responds with "Error the image directory g1/images/ cannot be found (svgallery.php, line 241)"

So I was going to change the permissions in svmanager/includes/constants.php but can't locate the codes I need to change.

I have to change-
define('NEW_GALLERY_CHMOD', false);

define('NEW_GALLERY_DIR_MODE', 0755);

but can't find them in the code.
Can anyone help?

Re: Permission problem

Which version of svManager are you running? The version number is on the admin screen, bottom left.

It's actually quite rare that you need to change the permissions on new galleries, although it is necessary for some servers. There may be another reason for your problem.

So, before you change anything in the constants file, please look at the contents of the folder svmanager/svmaster on your server. There should be two empty folders in there named images and thumbs. Some unzip programs have problems unzipping the empty folders and they get lost when you install. If they are not there then create them and see if it fixes the problem.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

The two folders were not there so I added them and tried again but got a "Error the image directory g1/images/ cannot be found (svgallery.php, line 241)" message.

All of the permissions on my folders are set to 755, is that the problem?

Did you create a new gallery after you created the two folders? You'll need to.

Can you look with ftp to see if the new folders are getting created when you make a new gallery? They will be svmanager/g2/images and svmanager/g2/thumbs (assuming your new gallery folder is g2). What permissions are the g2, g3 (or whatever) folders getting?

You could try upping the permissions on all folders to 0777 but I think if the permissions were wrong you would be getting error messages all over the place, not just this one. Would be worth checking that the permissions of all the folders including the svmanager folder are 0755 but maybe you've already done that.

Reason I asked what version you were on is that a new version has been released very recently and it might make a difference but it's good to check-out your existing installation before you change anything else.

jack

Jack Hardie

I deleted my first gallery and tried it again and it worked. I guess the first gallery wasn't seeing the two folders because they weren't present when I created it.

Thanks for your help!

Good-oh. You should be ok now even if you upgrade because the two folders will still be there inside svmaster. This is not a common problem and the cause of the problem is outside svManager but I'll see if I can put something in the next release to check for the folders and create them if necessary.

jack

Jack Hardie