Topic: Photoshop Script

I'm a bit confused about the Photoshop PostcardViewer script I'm supposed to be using now that I've upgraded to the Pro version.

I replaced the .swf file in the Photoshop Scripts directory with the Pro version but everything else remained the same. The script runs OK, but still produces old format .xml files. I get a message on index.html Gallery.XML Not Found.

Is there a Photoshop script for the Pro version? Where do I find it? Do I manually have to make changes every time I run the script so it conforms with the Pro version of the .swf?

Thanks.

bibfeldt

Re: Photoshop Script

The PostcardViewer Photoshop script exports to previous version of PostcardViewer. I've contacted the script author to ask if he is willing to update it. To use the photoshop script with PostcardViewer-Pro v1.2 you need to do the following:

1) Generate your PCV gallery with the Photoshop script

2) Copy your PCV-Pro 'viewer.swf' into the gallery folder

3) Rername 'imagedata.xml' to 'gallery.xml'

4) Edit 'gallery.xml' in a text editor. Add 'images/' infront of the image names. So change this

<IMAGE><NAME>1PUHMLFY.jpg</NAME></IMAGE>

to this

<IMAGE><NAME>images/1PUHMLFY.jpg</NAME></IMAGE>
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the info. I'll look forward to the new script.

I also have to change the <NAME></NAME> tags to the U-R-L tags too, don't I? The damn wiki won't let me enter the proper tag names.

bibfeldt

I also have to change the <NAME></NAME> tags to the U-R-L tags too, don't I?

No, because the SWF uses the tag order not the tag names (not good I know).

Felix Turner

OK.

You're stll a genius!

The PhotoShop PostcardViewer script is now updated to export to PostardViewer v1.2

Felix Turner