Topic: Resize images with Lightroom

It would be very nice to have the ability built in to resize all images to the same heights when you prepare the image for the slideshow. Now I have to go back and resize all vertical images to fit among the horizontal. I have a sort of "filmstip" look for the website and wold like to keep it.
It is a lot of work to get the exact pixel dimensions from photoshop, and manually adjust the gallery.xml.
Is this something could be done in he template?
Thanks,
EW

Re: Resize images with Lightroom

i agree, this is a pain.
here's what i do, instead, i make a smart collection in LR with images that will go on my website. I have created an export profile for my website. in the resize dialog, set it to however many pixels high you want your images. leave the horizontal blank. when you export your images now, they will be "" high, and of course the width will vary based on the aspect ratio of your images. words of advice though, make sure you filenames are webready (no spaces, weird characters) before you export, because it a serious pain to rename the files on your drive and the XML file if you didnt do this ahead of time.

Re: Resize images with Lightroom

It is a lot of work to get the exact pixel dimensions from photoshop, and manually adjust the gallery.xml.
Thanks,
EW

If you have Photoshop. It is posible to modify the Photoshop script that can be downloaded from this site for SimpleViewer  to generate the XML file you need. I modified it for my personal web site to generate all the gallery xml files needed for all the free AIRTIGHT viewers for a set of images the script resized images creates thumbnails, title, caption and copyright notices. Example: http://mouseprints.net/aaa/