Topic: Issues with multiple galleries

I've been working on a site with multiple galleries.  The first gallery doesn't load (no pies loading content) and if I select any of the other galleries, they load up just fine.  If I then select the first gallery it finally loads. 

I'm frustrated and don't know what else to do.

I've popped up my working copy at:
www DOT iamkhayyam DOT com/buckmaster/multiple_galleries DOT html

Any insight would help wink

Re: Issues with multiple galleries

Did you keep this line at the bottom of the container swf's code:

//load first gallery
loadGallery(1);
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

It's still there... and below is the code:

var galleryId:Number;
var mLoader_mcl = new MovieClipLoader();
mLoader_mcl.addListener(this);

//Set button actions
mcGal1.onRelease = function(){ 
    loadGallery(1);   
}

mcGal2.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery(2); 
}

mcGal3.onRelease = function(){ 
    loadGallery(3);   
}

mcGal4.onRelease = function(){ 
    loadGallery(4);   
}

mcGal5.onRelease = function(){ 
    loadGallery(5);   
}

mcGal6.onRelease = function(){ 
    loadGallery(6);   
}

function loadGallery(galId){
    galleryId = galId
    mLoader_mcl.loadClip("autoviewer.swf",mcLoader);
}

//load first gallery
loadGallery(1);

It works fine in all the browsers except for Firefox.  It's the only one that the first gallery doesn't load in properly.

did you clear your cache?

Felix Turner

Clearing the cache certainly does the trick wink  Amazing what you look over when you've been looking over it too long.

Thanks so much.

Hi theusual,

how were you able to add multiple galleries to same swf. In my code they all look for gallery.xml in the root folder. Which can only be one.

Do you have any idea how can multiple galleries be added and run from different folder.
I am trying this on the free version of Autoviewer.

thanks

Each gallery will have a folder with copy of all the autoviewer files the gallery.xml, index.html, image folders, swfobject.js and autoviewer.swf. Then in your main page link to the folder. so if your folders are gal1 and gal2 your link would be yoursite.com/gal1/ and yoursite.com/gal2/.

Mike Richards

Hi Miker, thanks for your reply. But problem is slightly different i am not using the gallery on different webpages, but inserting them into a flash file by using loadmovie() function. the problem is i can have the 'autoviewer.swf' in a folder but when it opens it looks for the 'gallery.xml' in the root folder. In that case if i have multiple autoviewer files they all try and access the same 'gallery.xml' file. Is there any way to make the loaded swf to open the 'gallery.xml' file from the folder where autoviewer.swf is stored.

thanks

To embedded into flash you need the pro version.

Mike Richards

I was able to successfully embed the trial version but the problem is happening when i try to embed more than one.

You shouldn't have to embedd it more then once your just feeding it different gallery xml files.

Mike Richards

I think i am not clear above. I have below structure in my flash movie

Menu
       1.Link1
       2.Link2
       3.Link3

Each of the link has a different gallery in it. So i use different "autoviewer.swf" files which in turn use gallery.xml file. the problem is each autoviewer.swf look for gallery.xml in the root folder on the main flash movie, so i am not able to use it. the load movie command used is

loadMovie("Infra/autoviewer.swf",mc);

I want the xml file to be searched in the "Infra" folder and not in the root directory.

Hope you can help