Topic: Manual thumbs having bad quality | how to delete triangle

Hi Guys,

first I want to thank you for this great app! Really good work.

Installing worked fine but now I have a problem with my thumbs. I made them manual with photoshop size is 65 x 65 scaled and I saved them for web. But as you can see on my side (elektroknarz.c o m ) the quality is really bad, it seems that they are zoomed or something..

Is that because the thumbs need to be 65 x 65 exactly?

Also I want to delete the triangle in the thumbs, but I don't know where.

Thanks for your help!

Greets

Re: Manual thumbs having bad quality | how to delete triangle

In your gallery.xml file, the imagePath and thumbPath are the same so SimpleViewer will be making its own thumbnails out of your larger images.
Put your manually generated thumbnails in a separate folder (ensuring they have the same filenames as the larger pictures) and put the relative path to this folder in thumbPath in gallery.xml.

Can't help you with the triangles, though.  Sorry.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

You can turn off the thumbnail dogears (triangles) with SimpleViewer-Pro by using the 'showThumbnailVisited' option: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

Felix Turner

Hi,

thanks for your quick answer. To pay 45 $ I have to think about wink

But I don't understand which path I should use in gallerie.xml:

I saved the thumbs with the same name in the folder thumbs in the same folder where the gallerie.xml is. But when I write /thumbs in thd gallerie.xml it doesn't work. sad

Do yu know where my fault is?

Thanks for your answer.

I see the thumbnails in the 'thumbs' folder fine but the thumbPath in your gallery.xml file still shows as "".

In gallery.xml, change:

thumbPath=""

to

thumbPath="thumbs/"

and upload the changed gallery.xml to your website.

Steven Speirs