Topic: Problem with SimpleViewer

I purchased the source code version of simpleviewer and I am also using SimpleViewerAdmin to manage my gallery on my website.

The problem is that since updating to the new version of the flash player, my gallery doesn't work in firefox - it says that I need to update my flash.  It works fine in IE, and I can view simpleviewer galleries at other sites, but not my own.  Here's a link:

http://pics.andrewstiff.com

Please help!

Re: Problem with SimpleViewer

Okay I have figured out part of the problem.

If I disable javascript, it works fine.  So it's something in the flash_detect.js file that is not detecting the correct version is installed.  I looked at the file, and changed the latestFlashVersion variable from 8 to 9 and that didn't fix it.

EDIT - Okay maybe not.  I deleted the flash_detect.js from the server and it still doesn't work.  There is also a flashobject.js, but removing it doesn't work either.

So I'm confused why disabling javascript makes it work...but removing the .js files doesn't?

I've got no idea what's going on here.

Okay so this is the part in the PHP that checks the flash version:

var flashVersion = getFlashVersion();
        if &#40;flashVersion < 6&#41; &#123;        
            window.location.replace&#40;"upgrade.html"&#41;;
        &#125;

Anything over 6 should work fine.

I have also had some other people with firefox and flash 9 try the site and it works fine for them.  What gives?

Please check the FAQ, Q2: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have the latest version of everything.  I went through the entire FAQ before posting here.

You are not using the latest HTML code to embed your gallery. Thats why the flash detection was not working. BTW, it works for me now on IE and FF. Maybe you were looking at a cached version of your code.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

You are not using the latest HTML code to embed your gallery. Thats why the flash detection was not working. BTW, it works for me now on IE and FF. Maybe you were looking at a cached version of your code.

Yes it does seem to work for other people.  I don't know why.  If I disable javascript it works for me, but with javascript enabled it doesn't.

And what do you mean I'm not using the latest HTML code?  It's using PHP right now.