Topic: Insert SimpleViewer into a pre-existing HTML page

I am trying to insert the simpleviewer into my website.
I am designing it in dreamweaver, and I placed the simpleviewer folder in the root folder of that website.

I insert all the code like it tells me in the FAQs question 11,
and I try to preview my gallery in a browser - NOTHING HAPPENS!
All that appears in the "SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player..." but not the gallery itself....
What am I doing wrong?

When I double click the index file offline it opens in a browser and it works perfectly. So i am doing something wrong....
How do I insert simpleviewer into my HTML page????

Re: Insert SimpleViewer into a pre-existing HTML page

Check you have uploaded the 'swfobject.js' file in your simpleviewer gallery folder. Also, check your HTML syntax against the example.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have the same problem
Please contact me if you find out what's missing

Last edited by Ralooq (2009-08-23 13:26:58)

Don't forget to copy/paste this code :
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
between <head> and </head>
;-)

i have nearly the same problem, but with autoviewer, have a look in the section...

Also, if you haven't already, check the instructions here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … /embedded/

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I found that, for some reason, previewing SimpleViewer in Dreamweaver doesn't seem to work. I had to upload the files to a server to see the results.

And if you are trying to embed your SimpleViewer in an existing page, rather than have it as a stand-alone page, how you organize the files is critical. I got it to work with two approaches:

One is, if the page you have embedded SimpleViewer in is in your root level, once you have the SimpleViewer XML set up for your images, move the files and images and thumbs folders (except index.html), out of the SimpleViewer folder into the root level. Then your url can point directly to your page with SimpleViewer embedded. You no longer need the SimpleViewer folder or the index.html that was in that folder on your server.

The other way to organize the files, is to move your file with SimpleViewer embedded in it into the SimpleViewer folder, and remove the index.html file that was in that SimpleViewer folder. Then you may want to rename the SimpleViewer folder.

For example, let's say your website is at www.coinsforall.biz, you created your web page with SimpleViewer embedded in it to display photos of coins, and you named that page coins.html. You could rename the SimpleViewer folder to "coins", put your web page in that folder, and your url to the page would be: http://www.coinsforall.biz/coins/coins.html.