Topic: Image as a title?

Im using Simpleviewer and Dreamweaver to make my portfolio. Only the font of the title doesnt really matches the rest of the site. Im wondering if i could use an image as a title, like you can use an imagepath for the background.
Can it be done? If so, how can it be done? big_smile
greetings Monday

Re: Image as a title?

Im wondering if i could use an image as a title

No. You can control SimpleViewer fonts with SimpleViewer-Pro.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Sorry Felix... yes you can.

If you use one of the script to build your gallery (like the photoshop script), you can edit that script to include whatever you want in the html coding - and that does include a jpg that you could use for the title. It will not be part of the flash animation - but will appear on the html page showing the simpleviewer flash animation.

Of course you need to build one jpg for each gallery and to put it in the right folder for it to appear on your index.html page.

And don't forget to leave the title option (in gallery.xml)to nothing but title="" .

Is it possible to place a logo directly above the thumbnails either where the header text is or in replacement of it? I understand how to add an image to the top of the HTML, but that just shifts the SimpleViewer down on the page by however many pixels high the image is. If I can place this off to the side (ideally above the thumbnails), then I can utilize that space for image display. Even as an overlay somehow?

I purchased the source files thinking I can easily achieve this by editing the .fla, but upon opening, it isn't as clear cut as I had hoped.

Thanks, and please let me know if I haven't explained this clearly.

Do you mean to place the same picture on all pages, positionned on top of the thumbnails ?

Put it as a background image. That's what i've seen on many sites using  Simpleviewer. It's a cheat but it works. Just fill a jpg with your background color and add the logo or whatever image in it at the right position. Then use the jpeg image as the background.

You can also do it in html page, but as you said this will used up x pixels from the page lowering/pushing the flash layout. You can still achieve a good result by adjusting the overall position of the thumbs and picture to keep a proportional view.. Take a look at the sample from the package, there's one where you have a header, side menu, and footer. This can tell you how to code it.

Another solution is to put the image or logo in the simpleviewer.fla form (the black square in dreamweaver), then publish the updated viewer.swf. That is , if you want the same image to appear everywhere for that set of galleries.

Another solution is to put the image or logo in the simpleviewer.fla form (the black square in dreamweaver), then publish the updated viewer.swf. That is , if you want the same image to appear everywhere for that set of galleries.

Hi Regg01 - yes this is what I was referring to... I'm planning on splitting an album into four separate pages and wanted to keep a logo-type image on top of the thumbnails so as to not interfere with the available space for the photos. I'll give this a shot - I assume you're referring to editing the index.html page in dreamweaver, correct? I have the simpleviewer.fla file and wasn't sure where exactly to place it since all objects appear to be repositioned based on screen width, etc.

I get your "cheat" suggestion about making a large background image, and will try that as a last resort.

Thanks again for the response, I greatly appreciate it.

Hi Regg01 - yes this is what I was referring to... I'm planning on splitting an album into four separate pages and wanted to keep a logo-type image on top of the thumbnails so as to not interfere with the available space for the photos. I'll give this a shot - I assume you're referring to editing the index.html page in dreamweaver, correct? I have the simpleviewer.fla file and wasn't sure where exactly to place it since all objects appear to be repositioned based on screen width, etc.

I get your "cheat" suggestion about making a large background image, and will try that as a last resort.

Thanks again for the response, I greatly appreciate it.

Be carefull.. the last solution to put it in simpleviewer.fla will work - but this is the least elegant way of doing such thing. And this is where you will need dreamweaver - to put the image at the right place and to re-publish it. That way it will not be cropped by window resizing.

The cheat might be your best bet and easiest way to give you an idea on the final look of your modification. Then you will decide if it's worth it or not.

Try all solutions and test on different browser.

If you change any program, fla, as ... whatever.. Never do that without backing up all the product.. In other words, do your stuff with a test copy of all your packages, library, folders, etc.   NOT with your originals . It is quite easy to screw alot of things in there.

I created an image that I will use in the background, but when linking to it using the backgroundImagePath parameter in gallery.xml, it stretches the image to fit the height and width of the screen... (it's 1000px wide by 100px high). I thought I could just add it to the index.html using css on the body, but no go either (which makes sense since the flash is the top layer over the HTML and would essentially hide the image using this approach. So the question now is, is there a way to set the backgroundImagePath to NOT stretch the image to match the stage.height and stage.width?

I have the PRO verison, by the way...

If you put the image as a background in html, then you need to add that line of code with the other fo.addparam:

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); 

If you use the backgroundImagePath option in gallery.xml, then your image needs to be as large as your window and you need to place the logo at the right place in that image.

Get in photoshop and create an image that will be 1024 pixels wide with the right background color. Then add your 250 pixels logo on that image at the right position, and save the image. And ''voila'' ... Your background image will be as large as your window and your logo will be at the right place.

Remember : if you change the size of the clip (not using 100%), then your background image will not fit anymore.

It all depends on what option(s) you are using and the way you setup your page. I prefer to use fixed layout because this is giving me more control on the way the clip will look. Doing so i have to let go the automatic resized. However, if you choose to run without fixed layout, then it might look good on your full screen with your current resolution, but might also look very strange in another browser or with a different resolution.

You have to test your clip under different browser and different resolution to make sure everything is always ok all the time.

Another solution is to create another layer (another swf) with just your logo image, then load that other swf from the simpleviewer preloader actionscript.

That way you bypass all the option stuff and html stuff with one line of code .

loadMovieNum("your_addon.swf", 1);