Topic: svManager test : problem after loading images

Hi to all,

I'm trying to install svManager, and made the tests...
Everything is ok, except after loading images.

I don't have links to images, even after refreshing the page. I well upgraded Java, restated my computer...

Does it mean I cannot use svManager and have to use another solution to use Simple Viewer ?

Re: svManager test : problem after loading images

You are talking about the svmTest program and not svManager itself – yes?

Check if the images are actually being uploaded. They should be in the svmtest/uploads folder. So you could use ftp to look inside the folder or just type the path to one of the images into your browser. If they are getting there then it is probably ok.

Note that the test program erases existing images in svmtest/uploads before it uploads new ones.

Are you getting any error messages or any other signs that something is wrong?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

You are talking about the svmTest program and not svManager itself – yes?

Yes !

Check if the images are actually being uploaded. They should be in the svmtest/uploads folder. So you could use ftp to look inside the folder or just type the path to one of the images into your browser. If they are getting there then it is probably ok.

I checked, tryied several times, I find images nowhere...I checked all files of svmtest in my ftp  :cry:

Note that the test program erases existing images in svmtest/uploads before it uploads new ones.

Are you getting any error messages or any other signs that something is wrong?

The only thing I have is :
Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/amstaffp/www/svmtest/upload.php on line 109

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/amstaffp/www/svmtest/upload.php on line 114

It appears when I click on the link to go to the upload test page. It appears at the bottom of the page. Apart from this, I can upload easily my images, the page refresh itself, but without link, and I can't find images...

Thank you for your help.
Tiphaine

The error message implies that it might be a permissions problem so I suggest you check that first.

I'll assume that it's a Unix/Linux server. It might be a bit different on Windows.

Set the permissions on the svmtest folder and all the files and folders inside it to 0777. You should be able to do this in your ftp program.

Try again.

If that doesn't work then it could be that something is set wrongly on your server. Contact your server support/admin and tell them that you have installed a php program that is trying to upload image files using the http protocol and it's not working. Ask if there are any settings you need to change.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.