Topic: Adding a div under all galleries

Hallo,
i want as an default gallery setting an div box ander my galleries (g01, g02 ...)

What file do i have to edit?

Re: Adding a div under all galleries

Edit the file svmanager/svmaster/index.php

This file is copied into each new gallery when it is created.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok thank you very much!

hi there, i think i've faithfully followed those instructions of how to add a footer to a gallery, only i'm having no joy. when i view the source code it is in there, not showing up though. i've tried using div tags and have now popped an ugly yellow table in. can anyone see what i'm doing wrong? the gallery i'm working on is www dave-eaton dot com/svmanager/ and for the moment it's just the andaman isles gallery i'm trying to get right. would appreciate any help, thanks very much in advance! smile

Coo, that took a bit of tracking down. I don't have a complete fix yet (too late at night) but I think I found the culprit. It's the following css statements

html {
height: 100%;
overflow: hidden;
}

They are hiding your tasty yellow table. It might be a day or two before I get time to take a proper look at this one but at least that should give you a start.

jack

Jack Hardie

thanks jack! no rush, i'll keep at it too, esp now that you've given me the point in the right direction. really appreciate your help, and how good it the svmanager?!?! loving' it!

Here's a more detailed explanation and a suggestion. The standard css looks like this:

<style type="text/css">    
    /* hide from ie on mac */
    html &#123;
        height&#58; 100%;
        overflow&#58; hidden;
    &#125;
    #flashcontent &#123;
        height&#58; 100%;
    &#125;
    /* end hide */
    body &#123;
        height&#58; 100%;
        margin&#58; 0;
        padding&#58; 0;
        background-color&#58; #181818;
        color&#58;#ffffff;
    &#125;
</style>

The three height: 100% statements are there to make the Flash content expand or contract with the window size. The overflow: hidden statement is to remove the vertical scrollbar.

This code works well for most folks but since it's specifically designed to fill the window with Flash, then it's not so good if you want something under the Flash.

By far the simplest approach is to get rid of all the tricksy css and put a fixed height on the Flash content, say 500px, like this:

<style type="text/css">    
    body &#123;
        margin&#58; 0;
        padding&#58; 0;
        background-color&#58; #181818;
        color&#58;#ffffff;
    &#125;
    #flashcontent &#123;
        height&#58; 500px;
    &#125;
</style>

You should set the background color of the body to be the same as your gallery background.

This will make the page just like a normal web page; fixed height content and scroll bar if required. It would be nice to have a gallery that expands to fill the space available  and shows the div but I haven't yet found a way that works in all the popular browsers – any ideas anyone?

jack

Jack Hardie