Topic: Embedding SV-Pro in Action Script 3???

I know that fla of simple viewer has to be AS2 but can I embed the SWF from viewer into a AS3 page????

Re: Embedding SV-Pro in Action Script 3???

It's possible to load an AS2 SWF into an AS3 SWF but there is additional work that needs to be done to communicate between the two swfs (usually using LocalConnection). Therefore it's recommended to use AS2 for your container SWF.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Can you give the changes to make ?

Thanks

Hi,

SimpleViewer is written in AS2. Converting SimpleViewer to AS3 is beyond the scope of this forum. Therefore we recommend you use an AS2 shell SWF.

Felix Turner

The website took me a month to be ready ! You want me to start it over again ?

If Simpleviewer is an obsolete product, you had to warn me about before I purchased it !

If there is any solution, I think it is your job (or the job of the SV developers) to provide it. Why don't you(they) provide it when you know it ?

What would you say if you had bought a really nice software for your Mac without being warned on the box that it can only be run on Windows ?!

The problem is quite the same here. I don't blame anyone.

Simpleviewer is not obsolete, actionscript 3 is still an emerging language. The simpleviewer pro page clearly states that the product is actionscript 2 and the the source is provided for purchase for you to modify. You have posted the same question a bunch times across the forum and I already gave you a place to start.

It's only a few lines of code needed in both swf files should not be difficult. Look at the sites I suggested look at the multiple gallery example and you should have everything you need.

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … php?t=7101

Mike Richards