Topic: Hyperlink loses focus

Hi all.
I am building hyperlinks into my web pages at..

glennmelenhorst dot com   (try the Adleaide Grey page)

The hyperlinks seem to not work and then lose focus, that is, the hand icon appears over the hyperlink, I click and nothing happens (althought it worked at work) and then the hand icon disappears, never to return for any of the links.

Any ideas? Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Glenn

Re: Hyperlink loses focus

The links to the flvs and movs are working here (Firefox/vista). It probably depends on how your browser is configured to view those files types. Maybe you should embed those files in HTML pages.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

The links to the flvs and movs are working here (Firefox/vista). It probably depends on how your browser is configured to view those files types. Maybe you should embed those files in HTML pages.

Sounds good. I found the FAQ for that and will give it a go.

Just tried it on a mac laptop  here at the office and it also didn't respond to the hyperlinks. Will try a few other macs and PC's here.

In fact, the mac laptop has a popup blocking warning. If we tell it to allow popups, the links work. Is this something you know about?

Nice app BTW,

Glenn

Adding the viewer inside another page still locks out the hyperlinks. Could it be because it is trying to open another page/tab that it is being blocked? If that is the case, can it simply open the content in the sme page?

Glenn

Yeah it might be a popup blocker thing depending on your browser settings. To open links in the same page, remove the 'target="_blank"' from the link tags in your gallery.xml.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I removed the 'target="_blank" but it still does not work once I upload the page. Funny thing is, the link doesn't even prompt the hand icon, It's as though it just doesn't exist. Will try on teh mac at work that prompted the popup block warning.

edit>> The Macs seen to work fine. It seems to only be on Vista. Could anyone else with vista try the hyper links on my site please?
www dot glennmelenhorst dot  com

Glenn

hi folks

I just built a new gallery for a customer and posted it at

www vococommunity com santa2008 html

I built it on a PC with XP installed and tested it out in Firefox and IE and everything works great.  I was really pleased with how easy it all was.

The end users, however, have started reporting that the hyperlinks are inactive on every photo except the first.  But only those users using Vista are reporting this issue.

Its basically the same issue that grassynoel has reported.

The customer is obviously displeased and is requiring I rebuild it in another solution if I can't come up with a fix quickly.

Help?

hi folks

I just built a new gallery for a customer and posted it at

www vococommunity com santa2008 html

I built it on a PC with XP installed and tested it out in Firefox and IE and everything works great.  I was really pleased with how easy it all was.

The end users, however, have started reporting that the hyperlinks are inactive on every photo except the first.  But only those users using Vista are reporting this issue.

Its basically the same issue that grassynoel has reported.

The customer is obviously displeased and is requiring I rebuild it in another solution if I can't come up with a fix quickly.

Help?

Well, I might aswell post in this thread, as they are all the same problems. my site mrfart be/muziek/ seems to be working with everyone,
except people running vista (like me).
I really don't know what to do and am really very irritated that I'm investing time in yet another vista problem.
I tried every browser know to man, disabled pop up blockers, java security stuff. Nothing works