Topic: Help with horizontally aligned thumbnails

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.
I have simpleviewer pro and I'm trying to create a gallery with the thumbnail images running horizontally underneath it.

I've read the Pro FAQs and I know I need to edit the options.as file and set fixed width to true, and then use the fixed layout options to specify the positions but I'm unsure which options to edit and what values to set to achieve this.

Can anyone provide me with a bit more detail?

Thanks
Natalie

Re: Help with horizontally aligned thumbnails

To put the thumbs under the main image, set 'navPosition' to 'bottom'. You will probably want to set the 'thumbnailRows' to 1 also: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for your help - that works well.
Only problem I now have is the next and back arrows for the thumbnails aren't showing - how do I get these to display?

Natalie

The arrow should be there beside the thumbnails on both sides.  What is the color of your album background?  If you are using a white album background, you may not be able to see them as the arrows are white in color.

Someone else posted a similar issue and the solution to their problem was that the container was too narrow to display the thumbnails and the arrows.
If you are specifying the width in pixels and it is less than about 600, chances are the arrows will not be displayed.
Try changing the width value in the line:

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "600", "500", "8", "#333333");

The '600' above being the width and '500' the height.  You can also express these dimensions as percentages (eg "100%").

Steven Speirs

Thinking about it, an alternative solution might be (instead of increasing the size of the container) to decrease the number of thumbnail columns in gallery.xml using thumbnailColumns="x" (where x is the number of columns).  Then there might be room enough for both the thumbnails and the arrows.

Steven Speirs

Thanks everyone for your help - I think I'd actually moved the arrows Y position to off of the page. I've moved them back now and it all works fine.  smile