Topic: Simpleviewer on multiple pages

I have looked and seen threads that could have been related to this, but they were either unanswered and not exactly the same, or unrelated entirely.

I am trying to run different galleries on different .php pages. 

The coding from the two pages are as follows:

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="www macromedia com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"gallery/2brg/simpleviewer/viewer swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#0b3402"&#41;;

fo.addVariable&#40;"xmlDataPath", "gallery/2brth/simpleviewer/gallery2BRG2 xml"&#41;;

fo.write&#40;"flashcontent"&#41;;

</script>

And:

<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="www macromedia com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"gallery/2brth/simpleviewer/viewer swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#0b3402"&#41;;

fo.addVariable&#40;"xmlDataPath", "gallery/2brth/simpleviewer/gallery2BRTH xml"&#41;;

fo.write&#40;"flashcontent"&#41;;

</script>

The gallery coding for each, respectively, is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewergallery maxImageWidth="800" maxImageHeight="800" textColor="0xf1f4a9" frameColor="0xf1f4a9" frameWidth="10" stagePadding="5" navPadding="5" thumbnailColumns="7" thumbnailRows="1" navPosition="top" vAlign="center" hAlign="center"  enableRightClickOpen="false" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="www chateauforestapartments com/gallery/2brg/simpleviewer/images/" thumbPath="www chateauforestapartments com/gallery/2brg/simpleviewer/images/thumbs/">
<image>
    <filename>DSC01083.JPG</filename>    
</image>
<image>
    <filename>DSC01097.JPG</filename>    

etc.

And:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewergallery maxImageWidth="800" maxImageHeight="800" textColor="0xf1f4a9" frameColor="0xf1f4a9" frameWidth="10" stagePadding="5" navPadding="5" thumbnailColumns="7" thumbnailRows="1" navPosition="top" vAlign="center" hAlign="center"  enableRightClickOpen="false" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="www chateauforestapartments com/gallery/2brth/simpleviewer/images/" thumbPath="www chateauforestapartments com/gallery/2brth/simpleviewer/thumbs/">
<image>
    <filename>DSC01668.jpg</filename>    
</image>
<image>

etc.

I have the have the viewer.swf and swfobject.js files in the root directory as well, just in case, in addition in having them in each respective gallery folder.

The first one works just fine, but the other gives me the message saying:

SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player.

The first page is here:
www chateauforestapartments com/2BRTH php

The second, non working (but much the same) is here:
www chateauforestapartments com/2BRG php

Any idea how to fix this?  I eventually have to have 5 total galleries much like this, so any help in getting two to work concurrently will help.  I have looked at question #16 from the FAQ, but I want to run them on two separate pages, completely independent of each other.  Bear in mind that I am also putting them inside an already created page for display purposes.

Any help is very appreciated!

Re: Simpleviewer on multiple pages

<script src="swfobject.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

is missing from '2BRG.php'.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Wow... thanks a lot. 

I feel like an idiot now, lol. 

Hopefully that will help someone else that makes the same mistake.

The only other problem, though, is that it now says "Gallery not found." 

Any ideas?

I realized I had the gallery pointing to the wrong direction in the gallery.xml file, but when I remedied it it still gives me the same error.

Your gallery.xml file path is "gallery/2brth/simpleviewer/gallery2BRG3.xml" and this file does not exist.

I'm guessing it should probably be "gallery/2brg/simpleviewer/gallery2BRG3.xml" as there is a 'gallery.BRG3.xml' file there.

Steven Speirs

That's exactly what I get for copy and pasting from my original working copy, I suppose. 

Thank you very much for all of your help!

No problem.  I've been known to give myself a lot of grief by copying and pasting, too!

Steven Speirs