Topic: Gallery XML not loaded the first time viewing a page

Hi all,

Having a problem that I can't seem to resolve on my own.

http://www.uboodu.com/v8/

The first time the page loads, the XML file doesn't seem to load and so the gallery doesn't. If I refresh the page, all is well.

Anyone have any experience with this problem? I'm using the code from the multiple galleries example and loading it all not on the first frame because I have a preloader. I think the problem lies in there. I created a function to just load the xml on the first frame, but that doesn't seem to do the trick either.

// preload xml

function preloadXML(){
    load1.loadClip("gallery1.xml",_root);
}

preloadXML();

I'd be eternally grateful for any help,

-r

Re: Gallery XML not loaded the first time viewing a page

apparently this is the correct way to load the xml:

// preload xml

var my_xml = new XML();
my_xml.ignoreWhite = true;
my_xml.onLoad = function(success){
    if (success){
        trace(this);
    }
}
my_xml.load("gallery1.xml");

i still have the same problem though sad

it seems that even though i'm telling it to load gallery1.xml, it is defaulting to gallery.xml

i've copied gallery1.xml to gallery.xml and will just have to duplicate it when i make updates.

this is an irritating solution, but at least it works.

sad

-r

i am having this same problem wherein the gallery doesnt show up the first time but work fine on reload...
i tried your solution but doesnt seem to be working... can you elaborate as to how u achieved it...

thanks

Hello all,

Susan here i am here to get my issue resolved, please help asap.

i am having this same problem wherein the gallery doesnt show up the first time but work fine on reload, is my issue like someone below, please help

Cheers!!!

By default, SimpleViewer will look for 'gallery.xml' for the XML file.

If you want to change that you can edit the code in the main timeline of the 'preloader' symbol in the FLA library. This is the place to edit the default path to the 'gallery.xml' file.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.