Topic: cs2 photoshop installation problems

Hi there, I have been  trying to set up simple viewer through my CS2 progam with out success.

The script interface appears to load, but it is incomplete. It looks as if the bottom portion of the script interface is missing, leaving me with out the ability to finish selecting the parameters for my upload.

Thanks in advance.

Re: cs2 photoshop installation problems

I have been trying to set up simple viewer through my CS3 Photoshop program without success.

The script interface appears to load, but it is incomplete. It looks as if the bottom portion of the script interface is missing, leaving me with out the ability to finish selecting the parameters for my upload.

Did I put the files in the wrong place? In the SCRIPTS folder, I placed 1) all the files in the SimpleViewer folder, and 2) the whole simpleviewer folder inside the SCRIPTS folder.

Am I missing something?

Did anyone solve this problem?

CS3 PS still runs my script only partially...

Are you using the latest version of the SimpleViewer Photoshop script? get it here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … truct.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm having the same problem. I'm using photoshop cs2 and the simpleviewer photoshop script.

In photoshop when I go to file>scripts>simpleviewer the pop up box shows:
Input folder, Output folder, SWF options, and Gallery title. Thats it. There is no "ok" button or anything to click to make the script create the simpleviewer gallery. When I choose the folder paths and other options... nothing happens. All I can do is either choose options or close the pop up box.

Also, can the input and output folders be the same folder?

Thanks!

Hi,

the SimpleViewer Photoshop Plugin requires a large screen size in order to view the entire dialog. Please try increasing your desktop resolution. We are working to fix this issue.

Felix Turner

Thanks for the answer!! I was working on a Macbook 13.5" screen, and just purchased a 19" monitor... when I move the dialog box over to the large screen, I see the whole thing! And it works perfectly.

Hi,

the SimpleViewer Photoshop Plugin requires a large screen size in order to view the entire dialog. Please try increasing your desktop resolution. We are working to fix this issue.

How is the fix for this issue coming along? I have a laptop and my resolution is set at the highest but dialog is still cut off at the bottom.

Simply put, you need a bigger monitor. Connect your laptop to a larger monitor and you'll see it fine.

Hi,

check you have the latest version of the Photoshop plugin. The latest version is shorter.

Felix Turner

And I still can't see the menu. Is there a screen snapshot somewhere of what the menu should look like? That way I can at least complete the menu by tabbing until this is fixed. Perhaps if the popup menu had columns for the data to enter, the menu popup would fit on smaller screens.

I'm having the same issue, and I can't afford a new monitor.  And quite frankly, even if I could, there's no way I'm going to buy one for something like this.  Any recommendations?

Thanks!

hey,

i have a problem with SimpleViewer in Photoshop CS3. As i was trying to run the script, the program was giving me an information that it had a problem with reading the script in line... (and there was a number of line, different in a few trials). One of the comments i remember was like: "0 is not an object".
The problem was with a SimpleViewer version downloaded about one year ago. Having problems with running it, i removed that version and tried to instal a new one the way it is written in manual on www . I did it two times and that's what was happening:
1 - I downloaded the entire "airtight_CS3_scripts" pack and put the unzipped folder to Photoshop CS3/presets/scripts folder. There were 4 scripts and I couldnt run any of them. For example, trying to run TiltViewer, I was given an error: "undefined is not an object. Line 644"
2 - so I downloaded a single SimpleViewer.zip pack, unzipped it and put into the right Photoshop folder. Unfortunately it didnt work, too - Photoshop didnt see the script. As I looked into simpleviewer folder, there was no .jsx file. When I copyied this single file from "airtight_CS3_scripts" folder, reboot Photoshop and tried to run the script once again, an error occured: "error 21: undefined is not an object. Line 921".

Its strange for me; I've been using the SimpleViewer for a few years and have never had any problem with it. My problems with the script occured suddenly; when I was using it previously, a few weeks ago, it was absolutely ok. I haven't changed anything in Photoshop settings, folders or desktop resolution since that moment.

What may be wrong?

greets and thanks in advance,

petarda

Felix, any progress on this problem? Also, what are the other options. Blind tabbing isn't going to work if I don't know what I'm tabbing too...

I have been waiting a few years for you guys to fix this problem. It is EXTREMELY frustrating that I can't use the script at the moment.  I am working from a laptop and there is no monitor i can just plug this into simply to make this script run.

I have the same problem as everyone else, when your adobe cs2 script loads, half the dialog is cut off. In cases like mine, I am on a nice laptop, 4 gigs of ram/ core i7/ windows 7/ 1 gig ati radeon video card (good by current standards), however, my screnn apparently isn't tall enough for this dialog. It is impossible for me to use this broken tool...

It's been a few years--- and you guys have done nothing.

I'll tell you the fix. Make the dialog wider, instead of having everything in 1 row, make 2 or 3 columns-- problem solved....

or add a scrollbar....

I paid for simpleviewer pro--- and I cant even use it right now.... without this script its useless for me-- (almost)...

Are you using the SimpleViewer v2 CS2 script? I believe the issue was fixed for that version: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … cript.html

Felix Turner

Felix wrote:

Are you using the SimpleViewer v2 CS2 script? I believe the issue was fixed for that version: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … cript.html

Yes, I am using that script--

I am on a brand new laptop, so I only downloaded that script today--so it truly is the most recent version.

If it really was fixed, maybe someone forgot to update the download? I honestly can't see half the script dialog which makes it unusable.

i truly wish there was something i could do about my laptop resolution--but I honestly have everything set at the maximum-- and it's still too small to view the whole script dialog, so I can't execute the script...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(a few hours later) (thanks for the reply & the link)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed version 2 of the script. Although the view is slightly improved, I still can't execute the script--due to critical buttons which are hidden.

Also, you guys really need to do a 301 redirect either for the downloads, or for the webpages--

Just today I landed on the old versions of those adobe photoshop cs2, cs3, and cs4 scripts & downloaded them--a simple htacess 301 redirect could easily fix that (or even a php redirect)-- this way people don't accidentally download the outdated versions....

(a few more hours later)
I found a work-a-round with version 2 of the script. If I set my windows toolbar to 'auto-hide', it gives about 50 more pixels of space--

Once my toolbar is hidden, I can start the script-- then the execute button is just barely visible at the bottom of my screen--this assumes i completely maximize adobe as well--

I really wish this didn't have to be so difficult, I actually wasted a huge amount of time downloading the adobe CS4 trial, and  I was about to try the CS4 version of the script--with the hopes that it wouldn't be so difficult and annoying to use...

A day later....
I actually downloaded and installed the trial version of Adobe CS4---

The script COMPLETELY broke my 64 bit installation of CS4

I'll give you the error code if you're willing to fix this.. otherwise, there's no point in me struggling with this.... due to this script though, it looks like I may have to completely uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS4--since the 64 bit version is completely broken.

On my 32 bit installation of CS4, the script installed... and it was able to execute... however, part of the display was obviously missing, because I could not get it to show the full dialog--and I could not find a button to execute the script.

So although the script executed without breaking photoshop cs4 32 bit, it was useless anyway, because half the dialog was missing.

I'll say in terms of style and form I am a fan of this software, I'm truly disappointed with the adobe cs2,3,4 scripts to generate the images and scripts for the flash.  This software is also nearly useless without the script--the reason is obvious. Making hundreds of images by hand is not a productive way to spend my time--- and every time I update a gallery with new images, I normally just use the script again.

I'm on a completely up-to-date and fast laptop machine--a rock solid bit of hardware--however, simply because I am limited on screen resolution, this software is failing to work---

You guys really need to do something about this.

Last edited by dirtyblanket (2010-04-02 14:47:16)