Topic: svManager writing wrong directory

So, here is my problem, when I run svManager and try to add images, I get the following error "Error the image directory g1images/ cannot be found (svgallery.php, line 260)"

I assume the problem is with the "" & "/" it should actually upload to g1/images/, however it is switching the forward slash with a backward slash, this creates a new file NOT in the neccessary directory. 

I have run the test file and everything is ok, as well as the ability to upload through the test.  I have changed all my permissions to 0777.  All I can see now is this problem.

Any help would be GREAT.  Thank You

Re: svManager writing wrong directory

What server are you using? The path seems to be a mixture of what I would expect to see on a Windows server with what I'd expect to see on Unix.

Have you changed any settings in the svmanager/includes/constants.php file?

I guess you are on the latest version of svManager – 1.2.2 but can you please confirm that – it's on the admin screen, bottom left.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am running version 1.2.2. build 080912.

My server runs on both platforms, windows and unix, and I assume that is why it is putting that "windows" character in.  But not sure how to alleviate this.

I have not changed any settings in svmanager/includes/constants.php, should I?  I was thinking about swapping out the "test" constants.php with this one, because that one uploads to the "test" directory fine.  Not sure if that would work though.  I assume there would be some info missing.

This problem is now fixed. It seems that the svManager installation, including several galleries, was moved from one server to another. This will only work if the two servers are of the same type or very similar.

If you need to move an existing svManager installation with galleries to a new server then it's best to create a new installation on the new server and either:
1. Create your new galleries from scratch and upload the images
OR
2. Move the galleries from the old server to the new using ftp and import them into svManager on the new server.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.