Topic: Viewer.swf/Options.as changes not taking

Hi,
Its strange I was cruisin right along with this and had changed the viewer.swf once already but I went back back and made some more changes and they show up fine in the re-publishing in flash yet when I upload the .swf back to the site into the svmaster folder nothing happens. it's as if I made no changes at all and the xml from the svmanager is running the show
(not what I want) and yes I did rebuild the gallery. I think I did everything by the book and it changes had taken hold earlier. Anyone got any ideas of why this would happen or how I can get back on track and get the changes to stick?

Thanks,

Derek

Re: Viewer.swf/Options.as changes not taking

If I understand correctly, we are talking about a modified, republished viewer.swf here and not just a change of parameters passed to the swf.

The viewer.swf inside svmaster should be copied to each new gallery folder when it is created and also copied to any existing galleries that you rebuild. If it's not being copied for any reason then you should get an error message.

Have you tried replacing the viewer.swf file in one of your existing galleries directly rather than going via the master file. For instance replace svmanager/g1/viewer.swf with the new one?

What happens when you create a new gallery – are you seeing your new viewer.swf in action?

And I suppose it couldn't be a browser caching issue could it?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Jack.
I replaced the viewer.swf in the individual gallery folder and the changes took place. I read in the documentation that you just had to put it in the master but it wroks now... So Do I have to put it into every gallery folder that I want the changes to take affect? I am not getting any error messgaes... and ya know right after I wrote the post last night and went back to the page, the changes had taken place(before i read your reply and tried the direct approach). Weird time delay, o well thanks again for your help
Derker

Could be it was a browser caching issue since your original approach should have worked. Next time, try clearing the browser cache. When I'm developing web sites I view my work in Firefox with the caching turned off altogether – easy to turn it on and off if you use Chris Pederick's great developer toolbar. It's a bit slower turned off but it's better than keep wondering why your changes aren't showing.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.