Topic: background color won't change!

I have a website in which I have several portfolio slideshows that all have the same parameters. Today I tried to add another one that is exactly the same but I cannot get the background color to match the others. It looks okay in Dreamweaver, it is correct when I do a preview, but when I finally upload it to the site, it is the default gray color, no matter what I do.

I have compared the code in each existing index/gallery file to my new ones, and it is all the same. I have tried answer to Q18 in the FAQs and it doesn't work. I have tried adding a background image in the color I want, and that doesn't work either. No helpful suggestions in the forums, either, and it appears a lot of people are having the same problem! I have used the SV gallery several times and have never had this much trouble trying to change the background color of the slideshow! What is going on? Does anyone have a solution? PLEASE!!!

Re: background color won't change!

Post a URL to your website and I'll take a look at it for you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks for the offer...

www brideideasllc com > enter site > portfolio > backus-courtheyn wedding

the entire slideshow is gone now too. sad

thanks for any help you can offer, i appreciate it!

The 'gallery.xml' file (http://www.brideideasllc.com/Slideshow% … allery.xml) contains a stray entry at the very beginning:

backgroundImagePath = "cca8cc bkgd.jpg"

Remove this and ensure that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

is the first line of the file.
That should hopefully solve the problem.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.