Topic: SVPro won't open image in new window on right click (in IE6)

We recently finished this site for a client and they are claiming there is an issue with being able to right-click to open image in a new window.

miyagieyewear com the-press-articles html

While we are not able to recreate the problem they state that users who are on IE6 have to hold the "CTRL" button down while right-clicking to open the image in a new window.

Above is the direct link, but the entire site is w/in an iFrame (for the looping audio to work correctly).

I'm not able to reproduce the issue but they say that IE6 is causing a problem with most of the people who are viewing the site.  The typical user would browse to this page like this:

www miyagieyewear com
The Press
Articles

Is this a javascript issue?  Is this a flash issue?  Is it an IE6 issue?  Really need to get this resolved ASAP.

Re: SVPro won't open image in new window on right click (in IE6)

Hi works here in IE7. Not able to test it in IE6 but I know right-click to open works in IE6 on the demo: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/photos/. So there must be something about your iFrame setup that IE6 doesn't like. I would recommend not using iframes.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: SVPro won't open image in new window on right click (in IE6)

ok, might be an issue with two iframes existing in one location.  we'll look into that.

i'm hoping it doesn't have to do with the embedded section of the gallery itself though, b/c we need to display the gallery embedded on that specific html page.

if i can get the client to switch over to a popup audio player then we can get rid of the iframes.