Topic: Problems Republishing Simpleviewer

I've been running the free Simpleviewer Download on my website photo galleries but wanted to have the autoplay function and so I have recently paid for and downloaded Simpleviewer Pro. 

I amended the options file setting enablePlayButton and playAtStart both to true. I then tried to republish Simpleviewer by opening the Simpleviewer.fla file but I just get the error that it can't find the correct association to open it. I do have Macromedia Flash v10 installed and so I'm not sure why this is? Can anyone help?

Re: Problems Republishing Simpleviewer

To open the FLA, you need to install Flash Authoring application v8 or higher.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm not confident I know which software I need to download to enable me to open an fla file as I'm confused by Adobe Flash/Macromedia Flash/Flash Authoring etc.

Can you recommend a link where I can download something free or on 30-day trial which will allow me to open the fla file?

Thanks

Unfortunately Adobe is in the middle of updating it's free 30 day trials at the moment. Try this link to download a trial version of Flash CS3: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index … duct=flash

Felix Turner

Thanks Felix, yes that link worked and I've now got autoplay slideshow working, thanks again. Chris

arggh! now when i go to the link, it's only offering me CS4.
do you know where i can get the CS3 trial version??

smile

hi, Adobe updated their trial version to CS4. That will work fine for publishing SimpleViewer-Pro.

Felix Turner

thanks Felix, smile
i'm so silly, i dont know why i thought it wouldn't work...