Topic: New images on some computers, old images on other computers

Hi

I maintain an eispark website, where I show the webcam images with the tiltviewer.

On some computers the tiltviewer shows the new images, but on other computers the tiltviewer shows the old pictures.

I use meta tags in order not to cache anything.

I actually do not want the user to have to clear the cache in order to see the new pictures.
On all computers where the tiltviewer was never active it works just fine, but on those where the tiltviewer was active before, it show the old ones.

I also have to say tha I changed the image location for the new ones.

What did I miss?

Thanks and kind regards
Eispark

Re: New images on some computers, old images on other computers

Visitors to your gallery will almost always see the latest version of your gallery. Most browsers check for newer versions of files on each browser session. Browser caching happens for all websites, so this issue applies to all files on the web.

If you really need to disable XML caching use PHP or similar to append a random number to the 'xmlURL' option: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/proj … tions.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: New images on some computers, old images on other computers

Dear Felix

Thank you for the reply.
In the meantime I did some further investigation and found the reason for some of the computers not showing the latest webcam pictures.
It is because of the use of a proxy server. The flash content will then alway be looked up against the proxy and always shows an old version.

Do you any possibility of instructing the flash player to reload the content from the server?