Topic: Caption Flashes on initial load

Hi I posted a (airtightinteractive com/forum/viewtopic php?t=7025) similar thread on the SVmanager forum but Jack suggested I post here as well. I am having a problem with the caption of the initial img in a gallery flashing in the upper left hand corner before/as that caption's img loads. It feels like it is loading before the img size info and/or xml that tells it where to go (position). It is annoying and unprofessional and i can't figure out why or where the trouble is originating. I have republished the original viewer swf with only the caption change in the options.as and have reloaded it into the gallery's folder as well as the svmaster folder and cleared the cache but still  to no avail. Jack said the index.php looked perfect and that I should post here. any help figuring this out would be much obliged.
thank you,
Derek
here is the [derekjohnmartin com/work/work]gallery link

Re: Caption Flashes on initial load

http://www.derekjohnmartin.com/work gives a 404

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

yes because I've been trying to figure this out and it is driving me nuts!!!
I now know the problem is in the viewer.swf somewhere and I believe it may have something to do with the image fade option in the options.as. i have this set to 1 (it says in frames, frames?) setting it to zero is a deal breaker and the whole thing falls apart so I have it set to 1 because I don't want any fade transition between the images (reasonable enough request) but it still sometimes flashes in upper left corner with image fade 5 so i'ts driving me mad. Ok but here are the links and I won't mess with them till I here back from you
captions under image w/ 1  img fade:
derekjohnmartin com/web/index html
captions under image w/ 5  img fade:
derekjohnmartin com/web-2/index html

I've been testing w/ cache disabled

I would really like to have the least possible transition on these images and not have the caption flash in the upper corner on load.

Thank you

Hi,

this issue was fixed on 11/29/08. Please download the latest files to get the fix (use your original download link to get the latest files).

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.